California Democrat Community Calender for June 6
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
• Paint the Town Purple with Relay for Life, 9 a.m. Saturday, June 9, by hanging purple ribbons around town, beginning at KRLL, California, and ending at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds.
• Phillips Field Fly -in set for Saturday, June 9, from 9 or 10 a.m. to mid-afternoon. Pulled pork will be provided for lunch at the fly or drive-in event. If coming, contact President Gerald Wood at email@example.com or 573-480-1300. Sidedish and chairs requested.
• The Moniteau County Historical Society meeting, 7:30 p.m. Monday, June 11, at the Cultural Heritage Center, 201 S. High Street, California.
• 12th Annual Relay for Life of Moniteau County Survivor and Caregiver Dinner, 6 p.m. Monday, June 11, at the First Baptist Church, California, for cancer survivors and a guest, and caregivers and a guest. RSVP's are required by June 1, by calling ASC Community Manager D'Arcy Crane at 573-635-4839 (or email Crane at D'arcy.Crane@cancer.org), or Christina McMillian at 573 694-2536, or Rae Ann Shackleford at 573 796-3139.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 11, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• The Twin City Garden Club meeting, 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 12. Members will meet at the gazebo at Smith Burke Park and go to the Governor's Mansion and Gardens for a tour. Lunch at Summit Winery.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance Board regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 13, at the Tipton ambulance base.
• California Reds - Candy Factory Tour - meet at 9 a.m. Thursday, June 14, at UCC. The cost to attend is $1. Also on the agenda is a visit to Shelter Gardens, Columbia and lunch at Olive Garden. Reservations are required. Call Ruth Coale at 573-796-4366 to RSVP.
• Moniteau County Democrats meeting 6 p.m. Thursday, June 14, at CoMO Electric meeting room, Tipton.
• Relay for Life of Moniteau County, 6 p.m. Friday, June 15, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California.
• Moniteau County Democrats headquarters grand opening and ribbon cutting 10 a.m. Saturday, June 16, 403 North High Street, California.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 18, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Progress, Inc., regular monthly Board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, at the Wood Place Library, second floor.
• Community workshop for those seeking employment, hosted by Cargill and Burgers' Smokehouse, 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, June 19, at the City Hall community room. For more information, call Evette Miller at 573-796-7132 for more information.
• California Progress, Inc., meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, at the wood Place Library.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, at the high school library-media center.
• Jam Session at Nutrition Center, Thursday, June 21, 6:30 - 10 p.m. at California Nutrition Center. Everyone is welcome. There will be a $2 cover charge. Please bring finger foods. For more information call Ruth 573-338-6432 or Bob at 573-796-3378.
• Kiwanis "cow drop" fundraiser, 4 p.m. Saturday, June 23, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds with tickets available from all Kiwanis members.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 25, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Informational Meeting for Business Owners, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, in the California City Hall Council Chambers. Topics addressed include how health care reform affects business owners and businesses, tax advantages which can lower health care premiums, employer taxes both state and federal. There will also be a time for asking questions to Randy Lueckenotte and Bobby Medlin who will be joining the informational discussion. Please RSVP by contacting the California Area Chamber of Commerce at 573-796-3040 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsored by the Chamber.
Storytimes and special activities at Wood Place Public Library for the "Dream Big - Read!" and "Own the Night!" Summer Reading Programs are Wednesday mornings 10:30 a.m. (two through four year olds), Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. (grades kindergarten through fourth grade), Tuesday evenings June 19, July 10, 24 (students entering fifth through eighth grade).
Every Thursday - 4-8 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California - Free art classes for children of all ages.
Every Saturday - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California - Sidewalk chalk art for children of all ages. For more information call 573-418-0765. Donations accepted.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting