Lake Area Community Orchestra Kicks Off 25th Year with Summer Concert Series Concert at St. Michael's Catholic Church, Russellville
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Once again St. Michael's Catholic Church, Russellville, was packed with the many concert fans which came out for the opening concert in the 2011 Lake Area Community Orchestra Summer Concert Series held Tuesday, May 29. Rose Adams directed the orchestra at the concert titled "Over the Rainbow" as the orchestra celebrated 25 years by playing a variety of pieces including "The Star-Spangled Banner," "Arsenal," "Defying Gravity," "In the Hall of the Mountain King," "Radetzky March," "Water Music," "Intermezzo from 'Cavalleria Rusticana," "On An American Spiritual," "Summertime," "Concerto for Drum Set and Concert Band," "Over the Rainbow," "A Nation's Prayer" and after a standing ovation "The Stars and Stripes Forever March."
For more of this story check out the June 6 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Lake Area Community Orchestra Kicks Off Summer Concert Series at St. Michael's Catholic Church, Russellville
- Lake Area Community Orchestra celebrate 25th anniversary, makes next concert stop in Jefferson City Tuesday
- Lake Area Community Orchestra celebrate 25th anniversary, announce Summer Concert Series
- Orchestra to kick off summer concerts
- Concert scheduled in Russellville
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting