California Democrat Community Calender for June 20
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
• Midwest Title & Escrow, LLC, Open House Thursday, June 21, 11 a.m. at 1021 West Buchanan, Ste. 5. Everyone is welcome.
• Jam Session at Nutrition Center, Thursday, June 21, 6:30 - 10 p.m. at California Nutrition Center. Everyone is welcome. There will be a $2 cover charge. Please bring finger foods. For more information call Ruth 573-338-6432 or Bob at 573-796-3378.
• Kiwanis "cow drop" fundraiser, 4 p.m. Saturday, June 23, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds with tickets available from all Kiwanis members.
• Trail Ride and Ranch Rodeo, 12 p.m. Saturday, June 23, at Camfire Fellowship Cowboy Church, 2 miles East of Tipton on Hwy 50. Fun Show to start at 5 p.m. For more information call Larry Marriott 660-460-0473 or Kenny Branham 573-298-1959.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 25, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Informational Meeting for Business Owners, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, in the California City Hall Council Chambers. Topics addressed include how health care reform affects business owners and businesses, tax advantages which can lower health care premiums, employer taxes both state and federal. There will also be a time for asking questions to Randy Lueckenotte and Bobby Medlin who will be joining the informational discussion. Please RSVP by contacting the California Area Chamber of Commerce at 573-796-3040 or emailing email@example.com. Sponsored by the Chamber.
• Nutrition Center Fish Fry, Saturday, June 30, 4:30 - 7 p.m. at California Nutrition Center. Everyone is welcome. Adults $8 in advance; $9 at door.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 2, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Jamestown 175 Year Celebration, Saturday and Sunday, July 7 and 8, in Jamestown, Missouri. Tractor Displays, 5K Run/Walk, Living History demonstrations, parade, fish fry, music, community worship, dance, kids games. Come one come all!
Storytimes and special activities at Wood Place Public Library for the "Dream Big - Read!" and "Own the Night!" Summer Reading Programs are Wednesday mornings 10:30 a.m. (two through four year olds), Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. (grades kindergarten through fourth grade), Tuesday evenings June 19, July 10, 24 (students entering fifth through eighth grade).
Every Thursday - 4-8 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California - Free art classes for children of all ages.
Every Saturday - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California - Sidewalk chalk art for children of all ages. For more information call 573-418-0765. Donations accepted.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting