California Kiwanis Hosts Poker Run for Honor Flight
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Bikers from the mid-Missouri area came together at California High School to show their support of the veterans at the California Kiwanis/Honor Flight Poker Run held Saturday, June 16. California Kiwanis member Bill Pace said Mike Katschman brought the idea for the poker run to the group. The Kiwanis and Honor Flight decided to partner up with each investing half and using half of the raised funds for their various charitable activities. The half going to the Honor Flight will fund at least three veteran's trips to Washington D.C. The half going to the Kiwanis will go to local youth and to the worldwide project eradicating Maternal Neonatal Tetanus (MNT). For their first venture into raising money through a poker run, Pace said the event ran smoothly.
"Connie and Mike Katschman helped this poker run go smoothly," Pace said. "For the first year it turned out pretty good. Everything went very well."
For more of this story check out the June 20 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Rushfest Memorial Poker Run held at Lucky Dog Pub and Grub
- Thirsty Hog to host poker run fundraiser for Honor Flight
- Boy Scouts Team With Kiwanis for Annual Pancake and Sausage Breakfast
- California Kiwanis Focused on Serving Children Locally and Worldwide
- California Democrat Community Calender for June 13