California Democrat Community Calender for June 27
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
• Nutrition Center Fish Fry, Saturday, June 30, 4:30-7 p.m. at the California Nutrition Center. Everyone is welcome. Admission is $8 for adults, in advance, or $9 at door.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 2, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• 30th Annual Maclay Home Ice Cream Social, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, July 4, at the corner of Howard Street and B Highway in Tipton. Food stand open 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; home tours 12-2 p.m.; and live music 11 a.m-3 p.m.
• California July 4th Parade, 10 a.m., Wednesday, July 4. Line-up will begin on Smith Street in Cargill area. Parade will proceed west on Smith Street, then north on Oak Street, then east on South Street, ending at the Moniteau Co. Fairgrounds.
• Annual City of California Fireworks Display, at dusk (approximately 9 p.m.), Wednesday, July 4, at Proctor Park.
• John Cecilia and His Country Ordaras Country Music, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, July 7, at the California Nutrition Center. $5 admission. Bring finger food. All are welcome.
• Jamestown 175 Year Celebration, Saturday and Sunday, July 7-8 in Jamestown. Tractor displays, 5K Run/Walk, Living History demonstrations, parade, fish fry, music, community worhsip, dance, kids games. Come one come all!
• Special Postal Cancellation offered at Jamestown Post Office, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, July 7. Postmaster Bill Neeley announced this to commemorate Jamestown's 175th Birthday Celebration.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 9, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, July 12, at California City Hall.
• California Reds to visit Lorraine Smith-Dollhouse and Garden, Russellville, Thursday, July 12. Meet at UCC at 9:30 a.m. Lunch at Steve’s Restaurant, Russellville. Chicken, family style. Reservations required. To RSVP, call Debbie King at 573-796-4203.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 16, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• "Meet the Candidates" Picnic, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 19, at Proctor Park. Hosted by the Moniteau County Republican Club.
• Jam Session, 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, July 19, at the California Nutrition Center. $2 cover charge. Bring finger food. Players, singers, dancers and card players are welcome. For more information, call Ruth at 573-338-6432 or Bob Taylor at 573-796-3378.
• Osage Drifters Country Western Music, 7-10:30 p.m. Saturday, July 21, at the California Nutrition Center. $5 admission. Bring finger food. All are welcome.
Storytimes and special activities at Wood Place Public Library for the "Dream Big - Read!" and "Own the Night!" Summer Reading Programs are Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. (2-4 year olds), Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. (grades K-4), Tuesday evenings July 10 and 24 (students entering grades 5-8).
Every Thursday - 4-8 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California, free art classes for children all ages.
Every Saturday - 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California, sidewalk chalk art for children all ages. For more information call 573-418-0765. Donations accepted.