California Democrat Community Calender for March 21
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
• California Nutrition Center to host Sonnie and Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m., Saturday, March 24, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 26, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau County Cattleman's Assoc. Dinner Meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 27, at Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California. Guest speaker will be Tom Haines with Bayer Animal Health, the sponsor of the event.
• Prairie Home School Kindergarten Registration/Screening, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 28, at the school library. Children age five or older as of Aug. 1, 2012, are eligible to attend kindergarten in 2012-13 school year. Call 660-841-5296 to schedule a screening time.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, March 28, in Room 116. This workshop for the English/Reading portion of the ACT Test will be instructed by CHS teacher Dana Barr.
• California Easter Egg Hunt, 1 p.m. Saturday, March 31, Proctor Park sponsored by Commerce Bank. Rain date April 7.
•Big Bucks Dinner, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 31, California Eagles, 314 N. High Street. Two meals/$25. Call 796-4027 or 796-4693 for more information.
• Rodeo & Juliet, 7 p.m. Saturday, March 31, Finke Theate, for tickets call 796-2895 or 690-9363.
• California Lanes 23rd Annual Budlight Team Doubles Tournament, Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1. For more information, call Rob Rimel at 573-796-3225.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 2, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Easter Egg Hunt, 11 a.m. Saturday, April 7, The New Beginnings Family Worship Center, corner of Gerharat Road and Hillcrest. For more information call 573-418-0385.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 9, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Red Hat Society attending Missouri Kids First Program on child abuse at the State Capitol in Jefferson CIty. Meet at UCC at 11 a.m. Wednesday, April 11. Lunch is provided at the Capitol grounds. Call Margaret Oesterly at 796-4738 anyone may attend.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, April 12, at City Hall.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 16, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• High Point Eighth Grade Fundraiser "DOG WASH" , 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at Coats and Tails 1001 S. Oak, California.
• Friends of the Finke Theatre Trivia Night, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at UCC, 101 North Oak Street, California.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.