TV anchor speaks at Women in Ag conference
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
The California R-I School played host to the eighth annual Mid-Mo Women in Agriculture Conference held Thursday, March 15, during the school's spring break. Keynote speaker was Teresa Snow, KRCG-TV Channel 13 news anchor.
The event, with attendance at about 180, began in the Commons area with registration, vendors and a health fair. Last year there were about 140.
There were three workshop sessions, offering nine topics. State Veterinarian Linda Hickam spoke briefly.
The theme was "Wisdom in My Apron Pocket," in memory of the many uses of "Grandma's apron." As an unknown author said, "They would go crazy now trying to figure out how many germs were on that apron. I don't think I ever caught anything from an apron - but love."
For more of this story check out the March 21 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Annual Women in Agriculture conference to be held in Boonville
- California Balloon Invitational Kicks Off With Media Flight/Festival
- California Balloon Invitational kicks off with media flight
- Signed Aprons Presented to Cafeteria Workers at California Schools
- 9th Annual Mid-Mo Women In Agriculture Conference Upcoming
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting