California Democrat Community Calender May 2
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
• Jamestown FFA Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 2, in the school gym.
• National Day of Prayer, 12 p.m. Thursday, May 3, at the Moniteau County Courthouse.
• Jamestown Spring Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, May 3, in the school gym.
• 4th Annual Walk/Run/Ride for Leon B. Deraps, 8 a.m. Saturday, May 5, at Advanced Chimney Techniques, Inc. 365 West Row Street, Jamestown.
• Mayfest in downtown California, Saturday, May 5, beginning at 3 p.m. at the California Eagles.
• California High School Prom, 7-11 p.m. Saturday, May 5, at the Knights of Columbus Hall, St. Martin’s.
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and His "Country Ordaras" 7-10 p.m. Saturday, May 5, at the Nutrition Center, 107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
• Prairie Home School Prom, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 5, at the school gymnasium.
• California Stingrays Swim Team registration, 3-5 p.m. Sunday, May 6, in the public meeting room at California City Hall. This competitive swim team is open to anyone in Moniteau County.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 7, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Russellville Spring Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 8, in the high school gym.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance regular monthly Board meeting 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 9, 2012, at the Tipton district office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, May 10, at City Hall.
• California Reds to go to Pythian Castle, Springfield, MO, 7:30 a.m. Thursday, May 10, mett at UCC. Will have lunch at Cracker Barrel, Tour Botanical Center/Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Gardens. Contact Mary Shoemaker 796-2795 or Jean Wilkerson 796-3681 for more information.
• Emergency 911 Dispatch meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday, May 10, at the 911 center.
• Russellville FFA Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 10, in the high school.
• Jamestown School Awards Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 11, in the school gym.
• California High School Student Council volleyball tournament fundraiser, Saturday, May 12, at the high school gymnasium. Lunch will be provided. To register a team at the cost of $100, or for more information, call Jamie Johnston or Tammy Scheidt at 573-796-4911.
• Jamestown Alumni Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 12, in the school gym.
• Jamestown Baccalaureate, 6 p.m. Sunday, May 13, at St. Paul's Evangelical Church, Jamestown.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 14, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• CPI Board of Directors meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, at Wood Place Public Library.
• Jamestown Graduation Ceremony, 7 p.m. Friday, May 18, in the school gym.
• Russellville Graduation Ceremony, 6 p.m. Saturday, May 19, in the high school gym.
• California Nutrition Center to host the "Country Dudes" , 7-10 p.m. Saturday, May 19, at the Nutrition Center 107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $5 at the door. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.