California Democrat Community Calender for May 9
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
• Mid-Mo Ambulance regular monthly Board meeting 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 9, 2012, at the Tipton district office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, May 10, at City Hall.
• California Reds to go to Pythian Castle, Springfield, MO, 7:30 a.m. Thursday, May 10, mett at UCC. Will have lunch at Cracker Barrel, Tour Botanical Center/Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Gardens. Contact Mary Shoemaker 796-2795 or Jean Wilkerson 796-3681 for more information.
• Emergency 911 Dispatch meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday, May 10, at the 911 center.
• Russellville FFA Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 10, in the high school.
• Jamestown School Awards Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 11, in the school gym.
• California High School Drama Club Banquet, 7 p.m. Friday, May 11, at the CHS Performing Arts Center.
• California High School Student Council volleyball tournament fundraiser, Saturday, May 12, at the high school gymnasium. Lunch will be provided. To register a team at the cost of $100, or for more information, call Jamie Johnston or Tammy Scheidt at 573-796-4911.
• Kid's Coin Day, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Saturday, May 12, Hawthorn Bank. All children can bring in loose coins to open or add to a youth savings account. There will be balloons, games, snacks and door prizes.
• Jamestown Alumni Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 12, in the school gym.
• Frank Sinatra at the Finke, 7 p.m. Saturday, May 12, iat the Finke Theatre, sponsored by Spieler's, Inc.
• Annunciation Knights of Columbus Mother's Day Breakfast, 8-11:30 a.m. Sunday, May 13, All you can eat sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs. All mothers eat free.
• Double-X Speedway 2012 season opener, 7:30 p.m., Sunday, May 13. Gates will open at 5 p.m., with hot laps to begin at 7 p.m., followed by racing at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10, pit passes are $25. For more information, call 573-796-4694 or go to www.xxspeedway.com.
• Jamestown Baccalaureate, 6 p.m. Sunday, May 13, at St. Paul's Evangelical Church, Jamestown.
• Russellville Baccalaureate, 7 p.m. Sunday, May 13, in the high school gym.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 14, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• CPI Board of Directors meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, at Wood Place Public Library.
• California High School Baccalaureate, 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at the First Baptist Church Christian Life Center.
• Moniteau County Republican Club meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday, May 17, at California City Hall. For more information call Judy Wittenberger, 660-849-2299.
• Jamestown Graduation Ceremony, 7 p.m. Friday, May 18, in the school gym.
• Russellville Graduation Ceremony, 6 p.m. Saturday, May 19, in the high school gym.
• California Nutrition Center to host the "Country Dudes" , 7-10 p.m. Saturday, May 19, at the Nutrition Center 107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $5 at the door. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
• California High School Graduation, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 20, at the CHS gymnasium.
• Prairie Home School Graduation, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 20, at the PHS gymnasium.
• California Pinto Basketball Camp, Monday, May 21, through Friday, May 25, for boys who will be in grades 5-12 during the 2012-13 school year. The camp will be held at California High School Monday through Thursday, Friday, May 25, the camp will be held at California Middle School. For more information, call Blair Scanlon at 573-796-4911.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Ground Breaking for Genealogy Library, May 26, at 10 a.m. at the Moniteau County Historical Societty, 201 North High Street. For more information call 796-3563
• Tipton High School Class of 1952 60th Reunion, Saturday, May 26, beginning with a meeting at 1 p.m. at the Tipton Christian Church. For more information, call A.G. Combs at 660-433-2148 or Sylvia Coffelt at 816-690-4247.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting