45th Annual Turkey Supper at Russellville
Originally published November 28, 2012 at 6 a.m., updated November 27, 2012 at 8:06 a.m.
The Russellville High School FFA chapter held its 45th Annual Turkey Supper Nov. 17, in conjunction with a silent auction sponsored by the local Young Farmers and Young Farm Wives (YF&YFW).
More than 600 guests were treated to a home cooked meal consisting of turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, cranberry jelly, gravy, and dessert.
The event generated thousands of dollars that will go towards helping the chapter with many of its activities in the spring such as FFA Week, contests, and the chapter banquet.
In addition to the money raised for the meal, the YF&YFW group raised more than $3,000 towards scholarship for local FFA seniors.
The chapter would like to thank the following businesses for their contribution: Cargill of California for donating the turkey, Hy-Vee of Jefferson City for donating the potatoes, and Donita’s Cakes and Catering for the use of their facilities in the preparation of the meal.
Many parents made the evening memorable as well, not only helping with the meal but by bidding on items at the silent auction and by bidding on student’s hams and labor.
More like this story
- Russellville FFA to host Turkey Supper
- 2nd Annual Benefit Auction at Harper Chapel United Methodist Church scheduled for June 30
- California Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner/Meeting Held
- Annual Trivia and Silent Auction benefit for Camden County Child Advocacy Council scheduled for April 13
- FFA hosts annual barbecue