General highway maintenance and construction work in the Mid-Missouri area for Sept. 4–14.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
No maintenance work was scheduled for the Labor Day holiday.
Weather conditions may cause postponements in the work schedule, and motorists may encounter other construction or maintenance work that was not listed here.
Mowing of right of way is under way in various locations.
• U.S. 50 between Missouri 179 and Big Horn Drive — Maintenance on Wednesday, with one lane remaining open.
• U.S. 54 between Route E and Hickory Hills Road — Grading, drainage and paving of four median crossovers begins this week.
Improvements are to be made at the intersections with Old Bass Road, Sandy Fork Road, United Road and Clark Ford Road. Periodic lane closures may occur.
• U.S. 63 from just north of Missouri 163 to Route H — Construction of a new diamond interchange for the Columbia Regional Airport and new southbound lanes. Motorists should expect periodic lane closures in directions.
The Missouri 163 and Route AB crossovers north of the overpass construction will be closed periodically, requiring motorists to use the next available crossover or overpass.
Route H remains closed at U.S. 63 until the new interchange opens, with traffic being detoured to Hardwick Lane, located near the U.S. 63 Roadside Park and Angel Lane.
Motorists should be prepared for periodic reductions in speed limits through the work area.
• U.S. 63 between Interstate 70 and Route WW — Maintenance on Sept. 10, with one lane remaining open.
• Missouri 163 (Providence Road) between Interstate 70 and Southampton Road — Maintenance on Sept. 13, with one lane remaining open.
• Route Z between I-70 and Lidell Lane — Maintenance on Sept. 11, with one lane remaining open.
• Missouri 163 (Providence Road), between Business Loop 70 and Rogers Street in Columbia — Sidewalk construction continues, and motorists should expect lane closures in the northbound lanes. Minor delays are possible.
• Route K between Missouri 163 and the end of state maintenance — Grading, drainage, widening and paving. Periodic lane closures may occur.
• Missouri 5 bridge over the Lake of the Ozarks, at Hurricane Deck — Bridge replacement continues, with occasional lane closures on the bridge likely for the next several weeks.
• U.S. 54 between Missouri 5 and Business Route 5 — Maintenance on Wednesday between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., with one lane open through the work area.
• Route W bridge over Second Creek northeast of Route K — Bridge replacement continues, with the bridge closed to traffic through late September.
• Route J between Missouri 100 and the end of state maintenance — Maintenance on Sept. 10-13, with one lane remaining open.
• Route K between U.S. 50 and the end of state maintenance — Maintenance Sept. 4-6, with one lane remaining open.
• Route K between U.S. 50 and Route W — Culvert pipe maintenance in various locations Tuesday through Thursday, with one lane remaining open.
• Route W between Route K and Route F — Culvert repair in various locations Sept. 10-13, with one lane remaining open.
• Route A bridge over Spring Creek, south of U.S. 63 — Reopened to traffic Thursday after completion of bridge replacement.
• Missouri 133 between Missouri 52 and Route BB — Resurfacing is complete, with the contractor removing temporary roadway signs this week.
• Missouri 17 bridge over Saline Creek, south of Saline Road — Reopened to traffic Friday after completion of the bridge replacement.
• Missouri 42 between Business 17 and Route U — Shoulder widening beginning after Sept. 10, with periodic lane closures likely.
• Missouri 52 between Missouri 17 and Missouri 133 — Maintenance Tuesday through Thursday. One lane will be open.
Miller and Morgan counties
• Route W between Business 54 and Route Y — Shoulder widening, with periodic lane closures likely.
• Missouri 87 between Dahler Street and Versailles Avenue in California — Railroad crossing repairs Sept. 4-5, closing the crossing from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. each day, with traffic detours.
• Route D between Missouri 52 and Route PP — Maintenance Sept. 4-11, with one lane remaining open.
• Route N between Missouri 52 and Route BB — Maintenance Sept. 11, with one lane remaining open.
• Route Z between Missouri 5 and Route D — Maintenance on Sept. 11, with one lane remaining open.
• Missouri 133 in Meta — Road realignment and resurfacing begins this week, with the road closed and traffic detoured around the area.
• U.S. 50 between U.S. 63 and Route W — Maintenance Sept. 4-6, with one lane remaining open.
• U.S. 63 between U.S. 50 and Route P — Resurfacing, with one lane open, and crews directing traffic through the work area.
• Route HH between Missouri 89 and the end of state maintenance — Maintenance work Sept. 10-13, with one lane remaining open.