Summer Reading club comes to an end
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Over 80 children and their parents gathered Thursday,Aug. 1, for the final event of the 2013 Summer Reading Club which had been held at Moniteau County Library @ Wood Place.
The frienship hall at the United Church of Christ was the scene of the Treasure Chest Market, activity booths and the Pirate Treasure's Hunt.
Children spent tickets earned for reading and attending programs, during the 10 week program.
The highlight of the party was the four station Pirate Treasure Hunt where children tossed bean bags into a sharks mouth, then proceeded to the pirate ship to pitch cannon balls at targets, then they had to walk the plank before ending at the large treasure chest to choose a jewel.
More like this story
- Sunrise Beach Library ends summer reading program, sees 85 children participate
- Shootout Treasure Hunt to dig up family fun for Kids’ Harbor
- Library ready to kick off summer reading programs
- Camden County Library Summer Reading Program is underway
- Twin City Garden Club holds first meeting of new year
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting