Fifth graders provide funds to Kiwanis
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
California Elementary School fifth graders presented the funds gained from the "Circle of Sharing" project to the California Kiwanis Club on Monday, Dec. 16, at the elementary school. It was accepted by Kiwanis President Jeff Shackelford, Paul Branstettor and Larry Kent.
Funds raised each year are donated to the California Kiwanis Club for use in its projects to assist children. Shackelford said the money will be put to good use by Kiwanis to help children in need.
The fifth grade students sell $1 tickets for a chance to win gift baskets. Teachers of the fifth grade class present for the event were Kelli Williams and Stephanie Zimmerman, Angie Butts, Amy Higgins and Lisa Milligan.
The young people raised $3,322.32 this year. Kiwanis will add additional fuds to bring it up to $4,000 to help children.
Vanda Harlan, Beth Jungmeyer and Beth Fennewald, were instrumental in beginning the "Circle of Sharing" project 21 years ago. All were California fifth grade teachers at the time.
More like this story
- Circle of Sharing Program Joins California Elementary Students and Kiwanis in Giving Away $3,000
- Fifth graders Present Money to California Kiwanis
- California Fifth Graders Present Money to Kiwanis
- Year 2013 in review: July though December
- California Kiwanis Focused on Serving Children Locally and Worldwide
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting