California Community Calendar
Originally published January 30, 2013 at 6 a.m., updated January 29, 2013 at 3:39 p.m.
• Cole County R-1 Schools will open its middle school science fair to the public 3:30-6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31.
• California Rural Fire Department Pitch tournament, 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at Fire Station #1 on Jefferson City Road, Cost is $30 per team. For more information contact Sara Hagemeyer at 573-301-0554.
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and His Country Ordaras, 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at the Nutrition Center.
• Moniteau County Lincoln Day Dinner, 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at California First Baptist Church Fellowship Hall. Tim Jones, Eureka, will be the main speaker. The meal is $15 per adult. For more information, contact Cher Caudel at 573-796-8225.
• Knights of Columbus Breakfast for scholarships, 8-11:30 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 3. All you can eat sausage, biscuit and gravy, pancakes, scrambled eggs, orange juice and coffee. Carryouts are available. Adults $6 and children under 12 are $4.
• California Board of Aldermen regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4, at California City Hall.
• Moniteau Co. Relay for Life 2013 Kick-Off Rally, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, at First Baptist Church, California. For more information, contact Rae Ann Shackleford at email@example.com, or call ACS Staff Partner Darcy Crane at 573 635-4839.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, in Amy Kuebler's classroom. This is for students in grades 10-12 preparing for the Science/Math portion of the ACT Test.
• Clean Up Crew Pitch Tournament, 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Jamestown Community Building. Contact Leisa Hees for more information at 660-849-2538. All proceeds will go to Relay for Life.
• Friends of the Finke Theatre Fourth Annual Dinner with your Darling, 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Windmill Ridge Funeral Services. For more information, call Vickie Schroeder at 913-669-2979.
• PTO Me and My Special Guy Dance, 7-9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at California Elementary Cafeteria. A $5 donation per couple is suggested.
• The Missouri River Regional Library Bookmobile will make a Community Stop 2:30-3:15 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, in downtown Russellville.
• The Russellville City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 12.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the Library Media Room. This is for students in grades 10-12 preparing for the English/Reading portion of the ACT Test.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance District Board meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, at Tipton district office.
• The recreational league sign up will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the Cole County R-1 middle school cafeteria.
• The Cole County R-1 Schools will be closed Friday, Feb. 15, and Monday, Feb. 18, in observance of President's Day.
• Valentine party and dance, 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, at California Nutrition Center. Music by Norbert Langkop and the Melody Makers. For more information, call Bob Taylor at 573-796-3378.
• The annual Outlaw Baseball Spaghetti Dinner will be 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17, at the Cole County R-1 Schools middle school cafeteria. Call 690-5620 for more information.
• California R-I School Board monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20, at the high school library media center.
• The Russellville-Lohman Ministerial Alliance will host the Central Missouri Food Bank mobile pantry 2-4:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Route C.
• The Cole County R-1 Schools Board of Education will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21.
• The Russellville 175th Anniversary Committee will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at St. Michael's Parish Hall basement. Call 782-4772 for more information.
• California Rural Fire Protection District annual dinner, ?TIME? Saturday, Feb. 23, at Fire House One.
• The Russellville Boy Scouts will host the annual Blue and Gold Banquet Saturday, Feb. 23.
• The Russellville City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 26.
• The Missouri River Regional Library Bookmobile will make stop 9-11:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 26, at the Cole County R-1 Middle School.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting