Fourth of July celebrated in California
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
The 237th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence was celebrated in California Thursday, July 4th, via a number of activities that started off with a parade in downtown California sponsored by the Masonic Lodge 183. Games for children 12 and under followed on the courthouse lawn, sponsored by the California Historic District, and a free swim was held from 1-7 p.m. at the California Pool, hosted by the City of California. The day was concluded with a fireworks display at dusk at Proctor Park, sponsored by the City of California.
With warm temperatures and a sunny sky, the weather proved just right for the festive day. While some clouds, lightening and cooler temperatures rolled in towards dusk, Mother Nature held any threat of rain back and California's Fourth of July celebration was concluded without a hitch.
More like this story
- Independence Day is next week
- California Historic District and Masonic Lodge partner for Independence Day activities
- City of California celebrates Independence Day
- California Historic District and Masonic Lodge partner for July 4th festivities
- Fourth of July festivities focus on families at the Lake
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting