St. Paul's Lutheran hosts Vacation Bible School
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Children gathered at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in California to join the mountain climbing expedition to “Tell It on the Mountain” at this year’s Vacation Bible School Program. The VBS program was held each morning during the week of July 8-12.
The expedition teams traveled from the Base Camp to Vista Crafts, Trailside Snacks, Summit Storytelling, Cliffhanger Games, and the Knot 2 B4GOTN Bible Challenge. The children learned about five mountaintop Bible accounts where God had special messages for His people. Rocky the Mountain Goat and some teen helpers presented daily puppet shows to enhance the theme of the day. Parents and other interested guests were invited to a special closing program on July 12 where children shared songs and lessons they learned followed by an enjoyable picnic lunch. The mission project for the week collected over $380 to benefit the Disaster Relief Fund of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. The money will be used to buy tents, food, water, flashlights, and other necessities and to share the Word of God with victims of disasters.
An enrollment of 56 children and more than 30 helpers attended the “Tell It on the Mountain” program. It is hoped this year’s VBS activities were a blessing to the children and their families.”
More like this story
- St. Paul's Lutheran hosts Vacation Bible School
- Children at St. Paul's Lutheran Church go on "Amazing Desert Journey" During VBS
- Grace United Methodist and St. Paul's Evangelical Churches "Go Deep With God" During "Operation Overboard" VBS
- Christ the King to hold ‘Kingdom Rock’ VBS in July-August
- Grace United Methodist and St. Paul's Evangelical Churches "Shake Things Up" for VBS
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting