Department of Natural Resources awards $606,600 to Tipton for drinking water improvements
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has awarded a $606,600 low-interest loan for the replacement of approximately 6,800 feet of drinking water distribution lines in Tipton.
Funding for the loan comes from Missouri’s Drinking Water State Revolving Fund. The fund provides assistance for communities with drinking water infrastructure needs. A portion of the funding will be targeted toward green infrastructure, water and energy efficiency, and environmentally innovative projects. This funding will help the city protect residents and the environment by making necessary drinking water improvements.
The Department of Natural Resources’ Water Protection Program administers the loan funds and is committed to working closely with communities to support water and wastewater infrastructure improvement projects.
For more information contact the department’s Financial Assistance Center at 800-361-4827 or 573-751-1192 or visit dnr.mo.gov/env/wpp/srf.
More like this story
- Tipton awarded $606,000 grant for water project
- Camden County Water District No. 5 awarded $100,000 for wastewater expansion
- Department of Natural Resources awards $10,000 to Lake Area Industries
- DNR awards Council of Local Governments grant for Camden County sewer study
- Chamois awarded grant for sewer work
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting