Cargill hosts food drive
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
California Cargill Value Added Meats-Retail, California, MOComplex and QSI recently hosted a food drive in conjunction with Cargill’s World Food Day Oct 16. The food collected was designated to help the Pintos Pack Program at California Middle School. Food was collected for one week at the Cargill plant & the Cargill hatchery. A total of 1160 lbs. of non-perishable food was donated. QSI, Cargill’s sanitation provider, donated 850 cans of soup. Also around this time, the Cargill Cares Committee donated $500 worth of turkeys to each of the food banks in California, Eldon and Versailles. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations marks World Food Day each year on Oct 16. The aim is to strengthen global solidarity in the struggle against hunger, malnutrition and poverty, and draw attention on to achievements in food and agricultural development.
More like this story
- Cargill Meat Solutions donates to food pantries
- California Post Office/Rural Carriers Collect Food For Food Pantry
- White Cane Day to return to Fulton Oct. 4
- Missouri State Fair Dreams Big with this year’s Food Drive
- Moniteau Christian Ministries Center Holds Groundbreaking, Receives $100,000 Check from Cargill
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting