Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting at library
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Thursday, Jan. 30, was the day for a ribbon cutting by the California Area Chamber of Commerce and an open house for the Moniteau County Library Board at Wood Place in California.
The library building including contents at 501 South Oak Street, California, was recently donated by the governing board to the county library board to establish a Moniteau County Library.
The noon hour event sponsored by the Elia Wood Paegelow Foundation Board drew many people in addition to library staff, library board, foundation board and chamber members. Speakers included Gail Hughes of the foundation, Barbara Reader of the Missouri State Library, chamber president Becky Lawson and county librarian Connie Walker. In addition to checking out the printed, electronic, video and computer services offered by the library, those present sampled the large offerings of "Heavy hors d'oeurves", desserts and coffee, tea and pink lemonade.
More like this story
- Wood Place donation establishes the Moniteau County Library
- Tipton library patrons attend county library board meeting
- California Area Chamber of Commerce Meets
- Founder of Moniteau County Library at Wood Place celebrated
- California Area Chamber of Commerce Holds Ribbon Cutting as Moniteau County SB40 Board Has Open House for Renovated Learning and Vocation Center
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting