Relay For Life of Moniteau County to begin at 6 p.m. Friday
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
The American Cancer Society 14th Annual Relay For Life of Moniteau County will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, June 13, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California, and continue through 2 a.m. Saturday. The event gives communities around the world the opportunity to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, to remember those who have lost the battle, and to help those who are currently fighting the disease.
From the start of the Relay For Life of Moniteau County Friday evening, each of the participating relay teams will host fundraising activities at their site, such as games, prizes, food and beverages, with all of the proceeds going toward each team's goal, as well as the overall goal of the Relay For Life of Moniteau County. Each team will be represented on the track of the main arena at all times, and there will also be numerous activities for relay goers to take part in throughout the event.
The featured guest speaker is Daniel Williams, California Elementary School Principal. A new addition to the agenda this year is the Little Miss and Mr. Relay Contest.
Following is the itinerary for the Relay For Life:
• 5:30 p.m. - Survivor registration begins; silent auction opens at Centennial Hall.
• 5:45 p.m. - Little Miss and Little Mr. Relay contestants report to Centennial Hall.
• 6 p.m. - Opening ceremony: presentation of flags by Boy Scout Troop 120; National Anthem performed by Kassi Meisenheimer; invocation given by Gene Eulinger; welcome; survivor speech by CES Principal Daniel Williams; survivor lap; caregiver lap; Little Miss and Little Mr. Relay voting reminder.
• 8:00 p.m. - Little Miss and Mr. Relay contestants introduced and crowning; silent auction closes; luminaria sales close.
• 9:45 p.m. - Recognition of sponsors, committee and $1,000 fundraisers.
• 10 p.m. - Luminaria ceremony.
• 11 p.m. - Wish lantern ceremony (weather permitting).
• 11:30 p.m. - Toilet paper fashion show; parade of teams.
• 12 a.m. - Caffeine Bar opens.
• 1:30 a.m. - Final lap; closing ceremony.
To learn more about Relay For Life, connect with relayers in the community and around the world by visiting relayforlife.org.
More like this story
- AMC 14th Annual Relay For Life of Moniteau County held Friday-Saturday
- Help fight cancer during 2013 Relay for Life Miller County Friday in Eldon
- Morgan County Relay for Life set for Friday-Saturday
- Miller County Relay for Life luminarias on sale
- Moniteau County Residents Invited to kick off the American Cancer Society Relay for Life
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting