• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, April 4, in Room 141. This workshop is for the Math/Science portion of the ACT Test and will be instructed by CHS teachers
Amy Kuebler and Peggy Huhmann.
• Prairie Home Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. Saturday, April 7, at the Prairie Home United Methodist Church.
• Easter Egg Hunt, 11 a.m. Saturday, April 7, at the New Beginnings Family Worship Center, at the corner of Gerhart Road and Hillcrest, California. For more information, call 573-418-0385.
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and his "Country Ordaras" 7-10 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at the Nutrition Center, 107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. For more information, call 573-796-4240. Open to the public. (Please bring finger foods.)
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 9, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California High School Lady Pinto Basketball Banquet, 6 p.m. Monday, April 9, at the CHS Commons.
• California Red Hat Society attending Missouri Kids First Program on child abuse at the State Capitol in Jefferson CIty. Meet at UCC at 11 a.m. Wednesday, April 11. Lunch is provided at the Capitol grounds. Call Margaret Oesterly at 796-4738 anyone may attend.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, April 12, at City Hall.
• CPI's Wine, Dine and Win, 6 p.m. April 14, at Braykley Hall near Centertown.
• First Christian Church Pork Steak Dinner and Bake Sale Fundraiser, 11:30 a.m. Sunday, April 15, at the First Christian CHcurch, California. A free-will donation will be accepted. For more information, call 573-796-2862.
• California High School Pinto Basketball Banquet, 5:30 p.m. at the CHS Commons.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 16, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Red Hat Society ladies will be attending the Dinner Show "1940's Radio Hour" at Shikles Center, Jefferson City. Will meet at UCC, California at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 19. Call Mary Oesterly at 573-796-4041 to R.S.V.P. Reservations are required and $30 must be paid in advance.
• High Point Eighth Grade Fundraiser "DOG WASH," 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at Coats and Tails, 1001 S. Oak, California.
• "The Driskills" at the California Nutrition Center, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $7. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
• California Red Hat Appreciation Day, 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 25, California City Hall. Signing of Proclamation with Mayor Norris Gerhart. For more information contact Vi Bolin 796-2940 or Dorothy Hise 796-2776.
• Friends of the Finke Theatre Trivia Night, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at UCC, 101 North Oak Street, California.
• California Nutrition Center Fish Fry , 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at the Nutrition Center 107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $8 in advance, $9 at the door. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.