The following is a listing of general highway maintenance and construction work in the mid-Missouri area for Wednesday, Jan. 18 - Friday, Jan. 27. Weather conditions may cause postponements in the work schedule. Other construction or maintenance work may occur on other roadways throughout the area. Many projects will include lane closures and delays can be expected. MoDOT reminds the public to buckle up, slow down, follow posted signing and drive safely through work areas. For more information about a project, please contact MoDOT at 1-888-ASK-MoDOT (275-6636) or log onto www.modot.org/central. You can also follow MoDOT's Central Missouri District on Twitter, at https://twitter.com/MoDOT_Central. Follow the MoDOT Central Missouri District on Facebook for project updates.
• U.S. 54 between Old Bass Road and Route CC - Improvements at 12 intersections along 8.5 miles of U.S. 54 to improve safety and traffic flow.
The entire corridor is scheduled for completion in the fall.
• Missouri 179 between Route C and Edgewood Drive - Grading, drainage and bridge paving for a new interchange. Periodic lane closures may occur, and motorists are advised to use caution through the area. The entire project is scheduled for completion in the summer.
• U.S. 63 from just north of Missouri 163 to Route H - Construction of a new diamond interchange and southbound lanes. Motorists should expect periodic lane closures.
Route H is temporarily closed at 63. Traffic is being detoured to Hardwick Lane, located near the 63 roadside park. Route H will remain closed at 63 until the new interchange opens to traffic.
The contractor continues excavation near Turkey Creek.
Motorists should be prepared for periodic reductions in speed limits through the work area.
The entire project is scheduled for completion late this year.
• Route H bridge over Middle River east of County Road 315 - Bridge maintenance and repair will take place Tuesday through Friday, Jan. 27. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
• Missouri 52 between St. Elizabeth and the Maries County line - Culvert pipe replacement in various locations will take place Tuesday through Thursday, Jan. 26. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
• Missouri 52 bridge over U.S. 54 - Bridge maintenance and repair will take place Tuesday through Monday, Jan. 23. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
• Route W between Missouri 5 and South Marvin Road - Roadway maintenance will take place Tuesday through Friday. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
• Missouri 100 just north of U.S. 50 - Guardrail installation will take place Monday through Friday. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.