• Mid-Mo Ambulance Board regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 13, at the Tipton ambulance base.
• California Reds - Candy Factory Tour - meet at 9 a.m. Thursday, June 14, at UCC. The cost to attend is $1. Also on the agenda is a visit to Shelter Gardens, Columbia and lunch at Olive Garden. Reservations are required. Call Ruth Coale at 573-796-4366 to RSVP.
• Moniteau County Democrats meeting 6 p.m. Thursday, June 14, at CoMO Electric meeting room, Tipton.
• Relay for Life of Moniteau County, 6 p.m. Friday, June 15, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California.
• Poker Run benefiting Central Missouri Honor Flight & California Kiwanis 8:30 a.m. registration; 9:30 a.m. first out, Saturday, June 16. All routes around 110 miles. Entry fee $25 which includes meal at final stop in California. More information call Mike 573-881-6604.
• Moniteau County Democrats headquarters grand opening and ribbon cutting 10 a.m. Saturday, June 16, 403 North High Street, California.
• California Nutrition Center hosting Sonnie and Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m. Saturday, June 16, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles. Admission $5 per person. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 18, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Progress, Inc., regular monthly Board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, at the Wood Place Library, second floor.
• Community workshop for those seeking employment, hosted by Cargill and Burgers' Smokehouse, 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, June 19, at the City Hall community room. For more information, call Evette Miller at 573-796-7132 for more information.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, at the high school library-media center.
• Jam Session at Nutrition Center, Thursday, June 21, 6:30 - 10 p.m. at California Nutrition Center. Everyone is welcome. There will be a $2 cover charge. Please bring finger foods. For more information call Ruth 573-338-6432 or Bob at 573-796-3378.
• Kiwanis "cow drop" fundraiser, 4 p.m. Saturday, June 23, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds with tickets available from all Kiwanis members.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 25, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Informational Meeting for Business Owners, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, in the California City Hall Council Chambers. Topics addressed include how health care reform affects business owners and businesses, tax advantages which can lower health care premiums, employer taxes both state and federal. There will also be a time for asking questions to Randy Lueckenotte and Bobby Medlin who will be joining the informational discussion. Please RSVP by contacting the California Area Chamber of Commerce at 573-796-3040 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsored by the Chamber.
• Nutrition Center Fish Fry, Saturday, June 30, 4:30 - 7 p.m. at California Nutrition Center. Everyone is welcome. Adults $8 in advance; $9 at door.
Storytimes and special activities at Wood Place Public Library for the "Dream Big - Read!" and "Own the Night!" Summer Reading Programs are Wednesday mornings 10:30 a.m. (two through four year olds), Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. (grades kindergarten through fourth grade), Tuesday evenings June 19, July 10, 24 (students entering fifth through eighth grade).
Every Thursday - 4-8 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California - Free art classes for children of all ages.
Every Saturday - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California - Sidewalk chalk art for children of all ages. For more information call 573-418-0765. Donations accepted.