RUSSELLVILLE - The agricultural education program at the Cole County R-I Schools will receive additional input and support with the creation of a citizens' advisory committee.
The board of education approved the following committee members after authorizing the formation at its June meeting: Heath Waters, Doug Hoover, Terry Heiman, Greg Holtgrewe, Misty Schroeder and Brett Mettlan.
In other business, the board:
• Selected J. Price Architecture, Inc., to provide the design and drawings for the final phase of the track project, which is a building to house concessions, restrooms and storage, by March 1, 2014.
• Awarded the sale of bus #4 to the highest bid at $1,000 from Russell Day.
• Approved the discussion of possibly refinancing general obligation bonds at a lower interest rate, perhaps saving as much as $250,000.
• Reviewed the elementary and middle school handbook revisions, including a revision to the Visitors and Volunteers section stating adults may not longer walk children to their classroom and all doors will lock at 8 a.m.
• Received updates and revisions to the high school handbook, including a revision to the new policy allowing electronic devices in the classroom, now with the exception of cell phones.