The California R-I School District recently held its Employee Appreciation Luncheon at the Sweet Chipotle Event Center. A luncheon was served to honor faculty, staff and board members.
Superintendent Dwight Sanders recognized the 2021-22 school board members. Board president Derek VanLoo thanked the faculty and staff for their dedication to the students of Moniteau County. Board members Ryan Porter, Brandy Brockes, Paul Bloch and Landon Porter helped with the reception. Mr. Sanders recognized Jeremy Burger for his three years of service to the school board.
The board recognized the following employees for their service to the school district as well as the 2021-22 academic year:
- Daniel Bestgen, Janice Davis, Mazie Osman, Sarah Russell, Brooke Schell, Jamie Shewmake and Debbie Wetzig for five years of service.
- Gary Baker, Kayla Barnard, Jo Ann Bestgen, Jill Hampton, Crystal Moore and Ben Wilson for 10 years of service.
- Lori Bailey, Amie Kimball, Elizabeth Meyer, Barbara Pickering, Andrea Rooney, Bobby Sangster and Sarah Wickham for 15 years of service.
- Stacy Friedrich and Jennifer Porter for 20 years of service.
- Michele Bilyeu, Jill Meisenheimer, Joanne Ponder and Phyllis Reynolds for 25 years of service.
The employee appreciation dinner honored those employees leaving after this school year. The following include:Julie Bird, who is leaving after eight years; Sarah Dwiggins , who is leaving after seven years; Darryl Elliott, who is leaving after eight years; Sean Kirksey who is leaving after seven years; Paige Miller, who is leaving after two years; Jennifer Payne, who is leaving after three years; Travis Payne, who is leaving after three years; Brooke Schell, who is leaving after 5 yearrs; Danielle Wood, who is leaving after two years; and Alisa Young, who is leaving after four years.
Mr. Dwight Sanders spoke about the 2021-22 retirees: Brian Ash, who is leaving after 25 years; Jo Ann Bestgen, who is leaving after 10 years; Debbie Elliott, who is leaving after 16 years; Debbie Pardoe, who is leaving after 21 years; and Dwight Sanders 12 years in the district.
CTA President Julia Potter created a slideshow to highlight the district's employees. The presentation was shown during the Appreciation Luncheon.
The 2022 California R-1 Employee Appreciation Reception ended with Mr. Dwight Sanders thanking employees and board members for their support of the school district.