High school basketball games across Mid-Missouri were postponed Monday night due to freezing rain in the area.
The Jefferson City Lady Jays’ road contest against Lee’s Summit West has been postponed until tonight. The JV game starts at 5:30 p.m., followed by the varsity game around 7 p.m.
The Helias Lady Crusaders had their Central Missouri Activities Conference matchup against Hickman postponed for a second time due to winter weather. That game has also been rescheduled for tonight.
The game will be part of a varsity basketball doubleheader at Rackers Fieldhouse. The girls game against Hickman starts at 6 p.m., followed by the boys game against the Kewpies at 7:30 p.m. Across the foyer in Helias Gym, the Helias boys wrestling team will host Capital City in a CMAC dual at 6 p.m.
The Helias JV basketball games against Hickman will be played Wednesday at Rackers Fieldhouse. The boys-girls doubleheader starts at 6 p.m.
The Calvary Lutheran girls basketball game at Christian Fellowship School has been postponed until Feb. 1. Tip-off is at 6 p.m. in Columbia.
The Blair Oaks Lady Falcons had their first-round game in the Harrisburg Tournament postponed due to the winter storm. The Lady Falcons’ matchup against Linn will tip off at 4:30 p.m. today, but the venue has been changed to Harrisburg Middle School.
Due to the shuffling of schedules, tonight’s Blair Oaks-Fulton boys first-round game has been moved to Harrisburg High School. It still tips off at 6 p.m.
The Harrisburg Tournament was one of five Mid-Missouri basketball tournaments to postpone games Monday.
• The Harrisburg Tournament will host boys and girls first-round games today at the high school and middle school gyms. The rest of the week’s schedule remains the same.
• The Russellville Tournament pushed back all four first-round games to today. The remainder of the tournament schedule stays the same.
• The Eldon Tournament rescheduled Monday’s pool-play games for tonight and pushed back tonight’s regularly scheduled pool-play games to Wednesday. The rest of the tournament schedule remains the same.
• The Sturgeon Tournament postponed its girls first-round games. The first-round games will now be played Wednesday, while the winner’s bracket semifinals and the loser’s bracket semifinal will be Friday. All nine girls tournament games will be played at the high school gym. The boys bracket games are unchanged, starting with tonight’s first-round contests.
• The Slater Wildcat Classic postponed Monday’s boys and girls first-round games. Games originally scheduled for Monday through Thursday all have been pushed back one day -- game times remain the same -- and all trophy games will be played Saturday. The boys and girls seventh-place games have been canceled.
For the revised schedules and matchups for games in all five tournaments, see page B2 of the News Tribune digital edition for Jan. 23.