News Education Sports Obits Events Contests Classifieds Autos Jobs Search
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
story.lead_photo.caption A residence on North Taylor Avenue in California suffered a fire the evening of Wednesday, March 6, 2019. No injuries were reported, and the fire originated and was contained in the laundry room. Photo by Liz Morales / California Democrat.

A residential structure fire was reported to the California Fire Department at 7:44 p.m. Wednesday on North Taylor Street.

The owner of the residence discovered the fire when they returned home to find it coming from the back laundry room. No one was home at the time of the incident.

California Fire Chief Allen Smith said the fire caused "pretty severe damage" to the residence but was extinguished by members of the California Fire Department along with five or six rural firefighters.

"There was so much damage in that one room that we couldn't determine a cause of the fire," Smith said. "There was a washing machine and dryer in that room, and the owner of the home claimed neither were in operation at the time of the fire."

COMMENTS - It looks like you're using Internet Explorer, which isn't compatible with our commenting system. You can join the discussion by using another browser, like Firefox or Google Chrome.
It looks like you're using Microsoft Edge. Our commenting system is more compatible with Firefox and Google Chrome.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT