AAA has appointed California Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM as an Approved Auto Repair facility.
AAA's designation follows the completion of a rigorous inspection into the shop's qualifications and customer service.
To qualify for AAA Approved Auto Repair (AAR) status, repair facilities receive an on-site inspection by AAA representatives, during which the quality control, customer service, types of vehicles served, equipment, staff qualification and insurance coverage are examined.
Achieving AAA's Approved Auto Repair status means the facility has technicians that the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or vehicle manufacturers have certified for each service area offered. The AAR desgination also certifies that the facility has in place a formal training program to ensure that their technicians remain up-to-date.
AAA conducts a survey of customers who have previously used the facility to determine customer satisfaction. The garage's record with the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Protection Agency are checked, as is its financial strength.
AAA's Approved Auto Repair program enables motorists to identify repair facilities that they can trust in their areas. Among the benefits of using the program are:
- AAA facilities will offer AAA members a 24-month or 24,000-mile warranty.
- Upon request, AAA members can receive a free maintenance inspection when the facility is servicing their vehicle.
- A written cost estimate is provided, and the actual cost many not exceed the estimate by more than 10 percent without prior authorization from the customer.
- Upon request, all parts will be returned, unless required under a warranty or exchange program to be returned to the manufacturer.
- AAA members are provided with the protection of dispute resolution where AAA will investigate any dispute arising between a member and the AAR facility. The facility is bound to accept AAA's decision regarding the dispute.
All AAA AAR facilities participate in the AAA Discounts and Rewards program, providing AAA members with a 10 percent discount off regularly priced parts and labor ($50 maximum).
"We are proud to add California Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM to the list of more than 8,000 AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities throughout the United States and Canada," Ray Posey, Vice President of AAA Automotive Services, said. "It is a testament to the management and staff in California that they have qualified for AAA's designation and are committed to maintaining the high standard of performance for AAA members and their customers.