December 1 California Democrat Community Calender
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
The December 1 California Democrat Community Calender
• Jamestown Christmas Parade, 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 4. For more information contact Brooke at 660-849-2252.
• VFW Auxiliary Chili Supper, 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at the VFW Hall, North side of the Courthouse square.
• United Methodist Women Cookie Sale, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at the church, 201 S. Oak Street.
• Homemade Chili and Chicken Noodle Soup Supper, immediately following California Christmas Parade. Saturday, Dec. 4, at the First Christian Church fellowship hall. All proceeds will go to the Rickman Conference Center.
• Historic Home Tours, 1-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 4 and 5. Tickets for adults 13 years or older is $8 in advance and $10 at the door. Children ages 12 and years old and under are $5. Tickets can be purchased at the Chamber Office located at City Hall.
• California Christmas Parade, 5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 4. Sponsored by the California Area Chamber of Commerce. All floats must have lights.
• California Nutrition Center will host John Cecilia and his "Country Ordaras", 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Dec, 4, at California Nutrition Center. Cost $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 6, at the Lutheran church basement.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 9, at City Hall.
• California Reds "Red Hatters" carry-in Christmas luncheon, 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 10, at the UCC fellowship hall.
• Russellville Christmas Parade,10 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 11.
• 2010 Prairie Home Christmas Festival, Saturday, Dec. 11. Agenda includes craft show 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in school gym; lunch 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. in school cafeteria; Christmas Parade at 1 p.m. (float judging at 12:30 p.m.); and miscellaneous activities throughout the day, including Prince and Princess Contest for ages 3-5 at 12 noon at the school.
• California Nutrition Center will host Just-Us, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 11, at California Nutrition Center. Cost $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 13, at the Lutheran church basement.
• California Progress, Inc., Christmas dinner meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 13, at the United Methodist Church (201 S. Oak Street). For more information call 796-4071.
• Jamestown Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 16, at Jamestown C-I School.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 20, at the Lutheran church basement.
• Russellville Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 21, at Russellville High School.
Swimming Class each Monday and Wednesday, first class at 5 p.m., second at 6:15 p.m. Call Lana Dicus at 573-796-2388 for more information.
•• Senior Senior Exercise, 9:30-10 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the California Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave.
•• The Pickers and Grinners will be at the Centennial Hall at the Fairgrounds the second and fourth Thursday now through April. 6 p.m. - ? They will also be at The Sweet Buy and Buy from1 to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays. Everyone welcome.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting