California R-I students have begun the new school year. As the 2014-15 school year began Thursday, Aug. 14, the students returned to the same school facilities as last year, but with a lot of changes, due at least in part to the bond issue passed by the voters in April.
August 20, 2014
- Prep Football State Rankings 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- Pinto Quarterback Club Annual Barbecue Sunday 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- ACT Workshops to be offered at CHS 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- Jamestown Lions Club Labor Day Celebration Aug. 29-Sept. 1 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- Pintos get first action of 2014 season at jamboree 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- High Point school begins new school year 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- California R-I School facilities being readied for new school year 1 week ago
- CHS students go to Boys State 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- Voter approved work in progress at California schools 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- Science curriculum reviewed by California School Board 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- Historical Society holds August meeting 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- Mid-Mo sets tax levy hearing date 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- MRED board discusses membership push 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- 2014-15 school year begins with change 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- Burglary report leads to standoff in Bunceton 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- Cargill honors soldiers at Atomic Luau 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- CPI discusses NAP funds loans 4 weeks ago
- Crop outlook mixed according to MFA 1 month ago
- Carl Edwards race car visits Burgers’ Smokehouse 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- Spielers host employee recognition luncheon 1 month, 2 weeks ago
The Moniteau County Historical Society met Aug. 11 with President Dottie Gump presiding. A short business meeting was held.
Aug. 8, Cargill representatives cooked up tasty meats provided by Cargill in Ottumwa, Iowa, for the Whiteman Air Force Base’s Atomic Luau.
Excitement filled the air at High Point R-III school as classes began Thursday, Aug. 14, with Stan Elliott at the helm as administrator.
At the regular monthly meeting of the Mid-Mo Ambulance District board of directors, the tax levy rate hearing was set for Wednesday, Aug. 20, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Tipton district office. The next regular meeting is set for Sep. 10. at 7 p.m. at the Tipton office.
The Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) board of directors met Wednesday, Aug. 13, at Nic Nac Cafe, California.
Thursday, Aug. 14, was an eventful afternoon in the Bunceton area for law enforcement.
There were injuries to four as two vehicles collided at 5:40 p.m. Friday, Aug. 15, on Highway 5 at Route W near Fortuna.
A Billings man was seriously injured when his motorcycle ran off the road on Highway 87 at Prairie Hill Road at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12.
The 2014 California CROP Walk is set for Sunday, Sept. 7. The event will begin at 4 p.m. at the Lions Club Shelter House at Proctor Park.
A Jefferson City man was taken into custody after theft of a car in Tipton, a police pursuit that began near California in Moniteau County, continued into Cole County County and ended in Jefferson City.
The Figure 8 Scramble and Tuff Truck Challenge were, as they are every year, highly competitive at the 148th Moniteau County Fair.
Prep Football State Rankings Statewide high school football rankings as compiled by a 15-member panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. First-place votes in parentheses: Class 3
The annual California High School Pinto Quarterback Club Barbecue fundraiser will be held 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 24, at the CHS commons.
California High School teachers Dana Barr and Peggy Huhmann will each be providing a six-hour workshop for the ACT Test during the 2014-15 school year. Barr will instruct the English and Reading portions, and Huhmann will instruct the Science Reasoning and Math sections.
The annual Jamestown Lions Club Labor Day Celebration will be held Friday, Aug. 29 through Monday, Sept. 1, at the Jamestown Lions Club Park. Activities on the agenda for the holiday weekend are as follows.
The California High School varsity and JV football teams saw their first action of the 2014 season Friday night at the jamboree at Blair Oaks High School, Wardsville, where head coach Marty Albertson said, "I think we played okay. We made a few mistakes, missed a few blocks, but all-in-all we played pretty well."
Attendance was good at the 148th Moniteau County Fair.
The Tuesday, Aug. 5, Primary Election voter turnout of 36.6 percent in Moniteau County was very good and higher than the 30 percent predicted. Casting votes were 3,388 voters out of a total of 9,250 registered voters in the county.
A body has been discovered in the southern part of Moniteau County, according to information released by the Missouri Highway Patrol and the Moniteau County Sheriff’s Department.