Despite the sweltering heat that resulted in an 8 p.m. kickoff rather than the usual 7 p.m. time Friday, the night was all about shiny new things for the California Pintos. It was the first game of the 2014 season, and it was the first official game to be played on the new football field. So it was only fitting that the Pintos come away with a nice big win, which they did as California rumbled to a 44-0 victory over the Boonville Pirates.
August 27, 2014
- Missouri high school football for Aug. 29, 2014 2 days, 21 hours ago
- California taking a step up in competition 3 days, 11 hours ago
- This Week in the SEC for Aug. 28-30, 2014 4 days, 12 hours ago
- Lady Pintos open season at Marshall Tourney 5 days, 9 hours ago
- Indians play doubleheader at New Franklin 5 days, 9 hours ago
- High Point school begins new school year 1 week, 5 days ago
- California R-I School facilities being readied for new school year 2 weeks, 5 days ago
- CHS students go to Boys State 2 months ago
- Voter approved work in progress at California schools 2 months ago
- Science curriculum reviewed by California School Board 2 months, 1 week ago
- Fatal injury from ATV-car collision 5 days, 9 hours ago
- Hot weather no deterrence for Salem UCC ice cream social attendance 5 days, 9 hours ago
- Bonecutter receives $1,000 scholarship 5 days, 9 hours ago
- Two-vehicle collision injures three 5 days, 9 hours ago
- Mid-Mo tax levy set 5 days, 9 hours ago
- Cargill honors soldiers at Atomic Luau 1 week, 5 days ago
- CPI discusses NAP funds loans 1 month, 1 week ago
- Crop outlook mixed according to MFA 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- Carl Edwards race car visits Burgers’ Smokehouse 2 months ago
- Spielers host employee recognition luncheon 2 months ago
Check here for high school football scores from around Missouri for Friday, Aug. 29, 2014.
Will face Mexico
CALIFORNIA — After defeating Boonville 44-0 in their opener Friday at Riley Field, the Pintos are ready for game two of the 2014 season tonight, when they will host the Mexico Bulldogs.
Here's a preview of SEC football games scheduled for Thursday through Saturday, Aug. 28-30, 2014.
The California High School varsity softball team opened the 2014 season with participation in the Marshall Tournament Saturday, where the Lady Pintos ultimately finished in eighth place after suffering three tough losses.
The Russellville High School varsity baseball team opened the 2014 season with a doubleheader at New Franklin Saturday, where the Indians lost the first game 3-2 to the Bulldogs, then came back to win the second game 8-3.
One person died about 8:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, following a collision between an ATV and a motor vehicle in California at the Business 50 - Highway 87 traffic light.
The crowd at the annual ice cream social of the Salem United Church of Christ Saturday, Aug. 23, enjoyed the meal, music and activities in spite of a very warm day.
Tayler Bonecutter, California, has been selected for a 2014 University of the Aftermarket Foundation Scholarship award of a $1,000 scholarship.
Three people sustained serious injuries in a two-vehicle collision at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, in Moniteau County, on Highway 50 one-tenth of a mile east of Scott Branch Road.
In a special session Wednesday, Aug. 20, following a public hearing, the Mid-Mo Ambulance District Board of Directors set the 2014 Tax Levy Rate at zero, as the board follows its pledge to reduce the property tax rate to zero following the passage of the sale tax to subsidize the district’s service.
The Moniteau County Democrat Club meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 28, at the Nic Nac Cafe, California.
The California CROP Walk for 2014 is to be held Sunday, Sept. 7, beginning at 4 p.m. at the Lions Club Shelter House at Proctor Park. This year’s theme is “Ending Hunger One Step at a Time.”
The annual Jamestown Lions Club Labor Day Celebration will be held Friday, Aug. 29, through Monday, Sept. 1, at the Jamestown Lions Club Park.
The Jamestown Lions Club 8th Annual Car and Bike Show will be held Saturday, Aug. 30, at the Jamestown Lions Club Park. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. The first 25 registrants will receive dash plaques. The registration fee is $15 per car/bike.
Following an unattended public hearing on the tax rate, the California R-I School Board heard from Superintendent Dwight Sanders on the tax levy, then approved the rate as recommended.
In Moniteau County, High Point and Jamestown residents and visitors will celebrate the three-day Labor Day weekend Aug. 30-Sept.1 which signals the beginning of the end of summer.
The Moniteau County 911 Emergency Dispatch Center Board of Directors monthly meeting was held a week late on Aug. 21.
Authorities said Monday that the human remains found in rural Moniteau County on Aug. 9 were identified as Cody Odean Thirlwall, 32, Jefferson City.
California Care Center on Highway 87 south, California, is in the process of being remodeled.