Norris and Lesley Gerhart hosted a 35th anniversary celebration at their business, Mr. G’s Liquor Store, Saturday, Sept. 27. The event from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. drew many people to enjoy Billy’s Chili Dogs, taste their choice of wine or beer, receive a cool cup, t-shirt, hat and register for a Mr. G’s Cooler.
October 1, 2014
- Deeken SEC freshman of the Week 27 minutes ago
- California Lady Pintos capture Class 1 District 5 Golf honors 28 minutes ago
- Pintos dominate Eagles of Southern Boone 33 minutes ago
- JV Pintos defeat Southern Boone Eagles 34-6 37 minutes ago
- Missouri high school football for Sept. 26, 2014 4 days, 13 hours ago
California Pintos High School Football
- Jamestown C-I Board meetings held during summer months 1 week ago
- California second graders learn about city government first hand 1 week ago
- Prairie Home School Art department receives grant 1 week ago
- High Point school begins new school year 1 month, 1 week ago
- California R-I School facilities being readied for new school year 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- Hunter Education, Deer Seasons 26 minutes ago
- CHS Homecoming to be held Friday 29 minutes ago
- Ozark Ham & Turkey Festival 24th Annual Car Show 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- Shooters Club dinner on National Hunting and Fishing Day 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- Driver dies when motorcycle hits tree 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- Cargill honors soldiers at Atomic Luau 1 month, 1 week ago
- CPI discusses NAP funds loans 2 months, 1 week ago
- Crop outlook mixed according to MFA 2 months, 2 weeks ago
- Carl Edwards race car visits Burgers’ Smokehouse 3 months ago
- Spielers host employee recognition luncheon 3 months ago
A Hunter Education Skills Session will be held Oct. 18, at Clarksburg C-2 School, from 8 a.m.- 12 p.m. In order to attend the Skills Session, students must sign up online and have completed the Knowledge (or classroom) requirement. The classroom requirement can be completed in one of two ways: online study completion or completing the review section in the study-guide.
Mizzou freshman outside hitter Sydney Deeken, California, was named SEC Freshman of the Week, as announced on Monday, Sept. 29, by the league office. This is the first conference weekly honor for Deeken and the first SEC weekly honor for the Tigers this season. She is the first Tiger to take home SEC Freshman of the Week honors since current teammate Carly Kan earned the distinction on Oct. 14 of last season.
The California Lady Pintos had five players finish in the top nine individuals Monday on their way to capturing team honors in the Class 1 District 5 Golf Tournament.
Friday Night is Homecoming in California
Jaden Barr and Drew Norton were on Friday night as the California Pintos put a damper on Homecoming for the Southern Boone Eagles.
The California High School JV football team hosted Southern Boone Monday night at Riley Field, where the Pintos, after being tied 6-6 at the half, defeated the Eagles 34-6.
The winners of the 24th Ham and Turkey Festival Car Show are listed below. In addition to the class judging five special trophies were awarded for Best Interior, Best Paint, Mayor’s Choice, Best of Show Car and best of Show Truck. The event was sponsored by New Creation Automotive, Jason and Heather Borghardt.
Thick pork loin chops, baked potato, cole slaw and desserts were served to about 190 California Shooters Club members and guests on Saturday, Sept. 27, at the club’s building on the grounds on Shooters Club Road. The meat was grilled outside with plenty of experienced cooks seeing to the proper tenderness and juiciness of the pork loin chops.
An area woman was fatally injured as the result of an incident in which a motorcycle ran off the road and struck a tree on Route 125, seven and a half miles north of Rueter, in Taney County.
A special celebratory church service was held Sunday morning at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Jamestown. The congregation joined with sister churches Immanuel Lutheran, Pleasant Grove, and Trinity Lutheran, Clarks Fork, in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the reopening of the Jamestown church.
The California R-I School Board members were informed, at the regular board meeting on Sept. 17, of details concerning the Homecoming which is Friday, Oct. 3. This year, because of the time needed to get from the lineup at the swimming pool to the new football field. The students will be dismissed from school at 1 p.m., with the parade starting at 1:30 p.m. at the swimming pool. The parade route will be the same as last year, with Grand Marshals Dean and Billie Bolin, Class of 1964. The Pep Rally at the high school will begin about 2:30 p.m. The Homecoming Coronation will be at 6:30 p.m.
The California High School Choral Department presented a Fall Concert at the auditorium Sunday, Sept. 28. The event included performances by the different vocal groups, as well as the combined choirs.
Reporting high school football scores from around Missouri for Friday, Sept. 12, 2014.
The California Pintos are 5-0. The Southern Boone Eagles are 0-5.
2014 Week 6 Previews
This week's issue of Goal Lines features football previews for Jefferson City, Helias, Blair Oaks, California, Fulton, South Callaway, North Callaway, Camdenton, Eldon, School of the Osage and Versailles.
Here's a preview of SEC football games scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 27, 2014.
The California High School softball teams hosted Prairie Home Thursday at the California Sports Complex, where the varsity suffered a 22-2 loss to the Lady Panthers in four innings.
The California High School volleyball teams traveled to Eugene Thursday night, where the varsity and both JV teams defeated the Lady Eagles.
September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month, and a time to recognize what is being done for pediatric cancer research and advocacy.