Roll Funeral Home New Business With Director Familiar With Area
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Bobby D. Roll, owner, funeral director and embalmer for Roll Funeral Home, may have recently purchased the funeral home previously called Weber Funeral Home, located at 211 South Oak Street, but has long ties to both Mid-Missouri and California.
"My father Leroy Roll grew up in Centertown," Roll said, "and my mother was Kathrine Heinen and grew up in California. I was raised in Sedalia and would go back and forth almost every other weekend between Jefferson City and California visiting grandparents."
When Bill Weber purchased the funeral home he took over in the late 1980's, Roll said it was he who opened it for Weber. He added he enjoyed his time living in the town and helping the business get on track.
From helping start up the business Roll worked at various funeral homes in Missouri and also out of state in Dallas, Texas, and Tulsa, Okla.
For more of this story check out the Dec. 21 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Leann Curty New Funeral Director/Embalmer at Bowlin-Cantriel Funeral Home
- Funeral director's licenses to remain revoked
- Doug and Jamie Morrow Connected to Three Communities Through Funeral Homes
- Buescher barred from preneed funeral business
- Mark R. Elliott Jr. Honors Bowlin-Cantriel History While Building Own Legacy
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting