California Democrat Community Calender February 23
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
• ACT Worksop for English/Reading portion of ACT Test, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 23, in the media room at California High School, instructed by Dana Barr.
• California Fire Department BBQ fundraiser for Sareena Roll, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 26, at the California Fire Station. Call 573-796-1987 for more information, or call Robert Pace at 573-680-6425, or Marty Ramsdell at 573-619-2695.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Jamestown Summer Rec Baseball and Softball sign-up, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., Saturday, March 5, at the school. There will be no late entries. For more information call Kelly Earley at 619-7503.
• Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and his Country Ordoras Music and Dance, 7 p.m., Saturday, March 5, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods. Dance is open to the public.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 7, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Twin City Garden Club meeting, 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 8, at the United Methodist Church. Richard Schroeder will present the program on insects -- "The good the Bad and the Ugly." New members are always welcome. Call Fran Scallorns at 796-2981 or 796-2895.
• ACT Workshop for Math/Science portion of the ACT Test, 5:45-7:45 p. m. Wednesday, March 9, in Amy Kuebler's room at California High School.
• Clean Up Crew 9th Annual Pitch Tournament, 4:30 p.m. sign up, Saturday, March 12, at the Jamestown Community Building. For more information call Leisa Hees 660-849-2538 or Barb Oerly at 660-849-9302.
• Nutrition Center Sphagetti Dinner and Open House, 11 a.m., Sunday, March 13, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 14, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Nutrition Center to host the Krazy Kats Music and Dance, 7:30-11 p.m., Friday, March 18, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $8. Dance is open to the public. For reservations contact Bob Taylor 573-796-3378.
• Women's Quail Hunt, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, March 19, at the String Creek Game Bird Farm near Centertown, hosted by the Moreau Valley Chapter of Quail Forever. To register, call Moniteau County Conservation Agent Jason Vaughn at 573-864-9814. Space is limited.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattleman's Association meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, at Centennial Hall, California. Missouri Cattleman's Association State President Jimmy Long and Missouri Beef Industry Executive Director John Kleiboeker will be in attendance. Those who plan to attend need to RSVP at 573-796-3168.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multi-purpose room. The cost is $5.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting