California Democrat Community Calender January 26
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
• ACT Workshop for English/Reading portion of the ACT Test at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. in the media room of the CHS Library, instructed by CHS teacher Dana Barr.
• Moniteau County Republican Club meeting, 7 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 27, at the Co-Mo Electric conference room, Tipton.
• Local Emergency Planning Committee meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 27, at the County Health Department.
• Knights of Columbus Annual Free Throw Contest, 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 29, at the California Middle School gymnasium. Area youth ages 10-14 are invited to participate. For more information, call David Strickfaden at 573-645-3630.
• Annual California Area Chamber of Commerce Dinner/Meeting, 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 29, at the California Nutrition Center. The evening’s events will begin with a social hour. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Awards will be given to the 2010 Citizen of the Year and 2010 Business of the Year. The program will be in memory and honor of Sheriffs of Moniteau County for the past 165 years.
• Cedron Assumption Catholic Church will host a chili and soup luncheon fundraiser, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Jamestown Community Building, Hwy 179, to assist with restoration of the church building. All are welcome to attend.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 31, at the Lutheran church basement.
• The Adult / Young Farmer meeting "Farm Electrical Safety and Home Generators", has been rescheduled to Feb. 3, at the California High school horticulture building. The Jan. 20 session was cancelled due to weather.
• California Nutrition Center will host John Cecilia and His "Country Ordaras", 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 5, at California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Street. The cost is $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 7, at the Lutheran church basement.
• California Nutrition Center will host a Valentine Dance, 7 -10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 12, at California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Street. The cost is $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods. A valentine King and Queen will be crowned.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multipurpose room. The cost is $5.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting