California Democrat Community Calender July 20
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
• California Red Hat Society to attend lunch and two-hour cruise at Lake of the Ozarks, Thursday, July 21. Reservations and $25 are required by July 11. Contact Liz Schlup at 796-4789 or 573-301-7660. Group will depart UCC at 10 a.m.
• Moniteau County Players Jam Session, 6-10 p.m., Thursday, July 21, California Nutrition Center. Admission is $2 per person. Please bring finger foods. Everyone is welcome to participate.
• Special Olympics Fundraiser Barbecue 'Battle of the Badges' hosted by Cole County Sheriff's Dept., 6-8 p.m. Friday, July 22, at Wardsville Lions Club, 3505 Route M. Silent Auction, 50/50 raffle, gun raffle, door prizes and meal of hot dogs, hamburgers and sides. All proceeds will go to the Special Olympics. Cost to attend is $10 for ages 10 and older; $5 for ages 5-12. To purchase tickets or for more information, call Sgt. Aaron at 573-659-0593.
• Moniteau Christian Ministries Center dinner, 5:30 p.m. Saturday, July 23, at the United Church of Christ.
• Special Olympics Fundraiser 'Battle of the Badges' Race, 6 p.m. Saturday, July 23, at the Lake Ozark Speedway, Highway 54, Eldon. Law enforcement officials from the State of Missouri will be competing. Race starts at 7 p.m. For more information, call Sgt. Aaron at 573-659-0593.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 25, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 27, at the elementary school.
• Annual Moniteau County Back-to-School Fair, 2-7 p.m. Thursday, July 28, at California High School, for K-12 students registered in the Moniteau County School District. Free school supplies including book bags, health screenings and more will be offered. Students who have not yet registered for school can do so at 5:30 p.m. at the fair. Entertainment and information about child safety will also be provided.
• Moniteau County Cattlemen Steak Dinner, 5-7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 30, at Centennial Hall, Montieau County Fairgrounds. Serving KC Strip, baked potato, salad, drink and dessert.
• Hunter's Education Class, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8 and Tuesday, Aug. 9, at the California City Hall public meeting room. Those interested in attending must be at least 11 years of age and must attend both days of the course. Students will need to bring a sack lunch each day. To sign up to attend, go to the Conservation Department’s public website and follow the hunter education link, or go to https://my.register-ed. For more information, call Moniteau County Conservation Agent Jason Vaughn at 573-864-9814.
• Wood Place Public Library Summer Reading Program, 6:30 p.m. Every Thursday now - Aug. 11. Storytimes, crafts and fun activities. All programs are open to the public and free of charge. The library issues free Summer Reading Club cards to all children in Moniteau County who live in and outside California. For more information, call 573-796-2642.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting