California Democrat Community Calender March 9
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
• ACT Workshop for Math/Science portion of the ACT Test, 5:45-7:45 p. m. Wednesday, March 9, in Amy Kuebler's room at California High School.
• MRED regular monthly Board of Directors meeting, 11:30 a.m. today, at Mel's Diner, Tipton. Lunch begins at 11 a.m.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance District regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. today (Wednesday), at the tipton district office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, March 10, at City Hall.
• Clean Up Crew 9th Annual Pitch Tournament, 4:30 p.m. sign up, Saturday, March 12, at the Jamestown Community Building. For more information call Leisa Hees 660-849-2538 or Barb Oerly at 660-849-9302.
• Nutrition Center Sphagetti Dinner and Open House, 11 a.m., Sunday, March 13, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 14, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• CPI regular monthly meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 15, at the Wood Place Public Library, second floor.
• Nutrition Center to host the Krazy Kats Music and Dance, 7:30-11 p.m., Friday, March 18, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $8. Dance is open to the public. For reservations contact Bob Taylor 573-796-3378.
• Women's Quail Hunt, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, March 19, at the String Creek Game Bird Farm near Centertown, hosted by the Moreau Valley Chapter of Quail Forever. To register, call Moniteau County Conservation Agent Jason Vaughn at 573-864-9814. Space is limited.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattleman's Association meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, at Centennial Hall, California. Missouri Cattleman's Association State President Jimmy Long and Missouri Beef Industry Executive Director John Kleiboeker will be the guest speakers. Those who plan to attend need to RSVP at 573-796-3168.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 23, at the elementary school.
• California Reds to attend the Stain Glass Theater, the show will be Little Women, Thursday, March 24, contact Mary Shoemaker at 796-2795 for more information.
• Russellville Lions Club Barbecue, at the Lions Club Park, March 26, 11 a.m. - ?. Also registration for Rec League Youth Baseball, Softball and Tee Ball.
• 2011 Lincoln Day Event, Saturday, March 26. Social hour, 5:30 p.m., dinner and program, 6 p.m.
• Nutrition Center to host the "Swingin Cajun Style" Music and Dance, 6:30-9 p.m., Saturday, March 26, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $10. Dance is open to the public. For reservations contact Bob Taylor 573-796-3378.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• 2011 Relay for Life of Moniteau County Committee meeting, 6 p.m., and team captain meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 5, at the Annunciation Catholic Church basement, California.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting