California Democrat Community Calender March 16
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
• Mid-Missouri Food Bank will be at the California Aerie Eagles #4027, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Thursday, March 17, to distribute food to people in need. Those interested in volunteering to help set up for the event should be at the Eagles at 9 a.m.
• Nutrition Center to host the Krazy Kats Music and Dance, 7:30-11 p.m. Friday, March 18, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $8. Dance is open to the public. For reservations, contact Bob Taylor at 573-796-3378.
• Women's Quail Hunt, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, March 19, at the String Creek Game Bird Farm near Centertown, hosted by the Moreau Valley Chapter of Quail Forever. To register, call Moniteau County Conservation Agent Jason Vaughn at 573-864-9814. Space is limited.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattleman's Association meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, at Centennial Hall, California. Missouri Cattleman's Association State President Jimmy Long and Missouri Beef Industry Executive Director John Kleiboeker will be the guest speakers. Those who plan to attend need to RSVP at 573-796-3168.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 23, at the elementary school.
• California Reds to attend the Stained Glass Theater show "Little Women," Thursday, March 24. Contact Mary Shoemaker at 573-796-2795 for more information.
• Russellville Lions Club Barbecue, 11 a.m. - ? Saturday, March 26, at the Lions Club Park. Registration for Recreation League Youth Baseball, Softball and T-Ball will also be held.
• 2011 Lincoln Day Event, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, March 26. Social hour is at 5:30 p.m., with dinner and program to follow at 6 p.m.
• The California Nutrition Center will host Branson performer Wade Benson Landry with "Swingin' Cajun Style" 7-9 p.m., Saturday, March 26, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $8. This event is open to the public. For reservations, contact Bob Taylor at 573-796-3378.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Prairie Home School Kindergarten Screening, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Wendesday, March 30, at the school library. Children who are 5 years old as of Aug. 1 are eligible to attend kindergarten.
Parents need to bring their child's birth certificate, social security card, immunization records and proof of residency. To schedule an appointment, call Prairie Home School at 660-841-5296.
• 2011 Relay for Life of Moniteau County Committee meeting, 6 p.m., and team captain meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 5, at the Annunciation Catholic Church basement, California.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, April 14, at City Hall.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multi-purpose room. The cost is $5.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting