Public hearing held at California City Hall on grant application
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Discussion of a grant application was the purpose of a Public Hearing held beginning at 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 15, at the California City Hall.
The specific project under discussion is proposed upgrades in storm water drainage in the area south of the Courthouse Square. If the grant application under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is successful, the city would be able to address storm water issues in several areas in the downtown area. The work would include the addition of curb and gutter in some areas with curb inlets in places plus enclosed drain pipes from 30 inches diameter in the area of the post office to as large as 48 inches west to Oak Street and beyond.
A part of the application for the grant involves a needs assessment prepared by the city.
According to Mayor Norris Gerhart, the City of California needs local participation to obtain the residents' views concerning needs for additional community development.
More like this story
- Engineer report at special California city council meeting
- City of Eldon to pursue grants for sidewalks, storm water drainage
- California awarded grant for storm water work
- Planning begins for CPI's 'Wine, Dine and Win' event
- Miller County Commission moves forward with parking lot repairs, bridge project
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting