California Democrat Community Calender March 30
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
• ACT Workshop for English/Reading portion of ACT Test, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, March 30, at the California High School library, instructed by CHS teacher Dana Barr.
• California Rec. Association summer ball sign-up, 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 30, at the California High School Performing Arts Commons. Leagues are open to children eligible to enter kindergarten through eighth grade in 2011-12 school year. For more information, call Janet Fitzwater at 573-796-8221.
• California High School Pinto Basketball Banquet, 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 30, at the CHS commons.
• Poker Run & Car/Bike Show for Russellville Project Graduation, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday, April 2, at the Russellville Lons Club. For more informaton contact Lori Brockman 573-496-2916.
• The California Nutrition Center will host John Cecilia and His "Country Ordaras" 7-10 p.m. Saturday, April 2, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. This event is open to the public. Excellent dance floor. Please bring finger foods.
• California High School Track Program Spaghetti Fundraiser, 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Sunday, April 3, at the CHS commons. The menu includes spaghetti, salad, beans, bread and dessert. The cost to attend is $7 for ages 11 and older, $4 for ages 4-11. Carry-outs will be available. All proceeds will go to the California High School and Middle School Track Program.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 4, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• 2011 Relay for Life of Moniteau County Committee meeting, 6 p.m., and team captain meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 5, at the Annunciation Catholic Church basement, California.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 11, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, April 14, at City Hall.
• California Red Hat Society trip to Boonville, 11 a.m. Thursday, April 14, at Glenn's Cafe - Hotel Frederick; 2p.m. Warm Springs Ranch Tour. Reservations are required by April 8 - call Vi Bolin, 796-2940.
• The California Nutrition Center will host The Driskills 7-10 p.m. Saturday, April 16, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. This event is open to the public. Excellent dance floor. Please bring finger foods. For more information call 796-4240.
• California Red Hat Society Appreciation Day, 11 a.m. Thursday, April 21, at the Nic Nac Cafe. Donations taken for dues. For more information contact Vi Bolin, 796-2940.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multi-purpose room. The cost is $5.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting