California Democrat Community Calender May 4
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
• National Day of Prayer, Noon, Thursday, May 5, at the California Courthouse. For more information contact Frank Hensley at 338-2154.
• California Eagles Alzheimer's Benefit Steak Dinner, Friday, May 6, 5:30-7 p.m., Karaoke at 9 p.m. $10 per person. Open to the public.
• Latham School Benefit Dinner, Auction and Raffle, Saturday, May 7, 5-7:30 p.m., California Eagles.
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and his Country Ordoras Music and Dance, 7 p.m., Saturday, May 7, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods. Dance is open to the public.
• Double X Speedway Racing, Sunday, May 8, gates open at 5 p.m., hot laps at 7 p.m. and racing at 7:30 p.m. For more information call 796-4694.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 9, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Registration for Red Cross Swimming Lessons, 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, May 11, at the California City Hall. The lessons are for children who will be in grades K-8 in the upcoming 2011-12 school year. For more information, call 573-796-3821.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 11, at elementary school.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance Board regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 11, at the Tipton district office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, May 12, at City Hall.
• California Reds Red Hat Society Chapter 35155, 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 12, will meet at UCC to travel to TIpton to tour Maclay Home. Cost is $5. Contact Vi Bolin for reservations at 796-2940.
• California Nutrition Center Fish Fry, 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, May 14, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Adults are $8 in advance and $9 at the door.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 16, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Russellville Alumni Banquet, 6:30 p.m., Saturday, June 4, at the Russellville Elementary Middle School cafeteria. Cost is $9 per perons. To make reservations call Lucille Rosenmiller 645-6527 or Mary Ann Ivie 893-2772.