California Democrat Community Calender Nov. 2
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
• 27th Annual Moniteau County Ducks Unlimited Banquet and Auction, 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 3, doors open at 5:30; dinner at 7 p.m. and auction at 8 p.m. at the Tipton Knights of Columbus Hall. For tickets contact John Overbey, 796-4711, Bob Call, 584-9611 or Tony Abbott at 690-1127.
• California High School Chapter FFA Barnwarming Dance, 8 a.m. Friday, Nov. 4, at the CHS Ag. Shop.
• Benefit for Glenda Cullers for medical expenses, 3-7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5, at the High Point School, Dinner tickets $9. Silent auction and pork steak dinner. Sponsored by the High Point Renewal Association.
• California Nutrition Center Music and Dance with John Cecilia and His "Country Ordaras", 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods.
• Lady Pintos Hoops 12th Annual Hog Roast, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 6, at the California High School Commons. Tickets can be purchased from any Lady Pinto basketball player (middle school or high school) at the cost of $8 for adults and $4 for children ages 6-11. The cost at the door is $9 and $5.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 7, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattleman's Association annual steak dinner, live auction for scholarship fund, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 8, at Centennial Hall at the fairgrounds, California. The cost to attend is $7 at the door. Those who R.S.V.P. at the California Veterinary Clinic at 573-796-3168 will get a $1 discount.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance Board of Directors regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9, at the Tipton District office.
• ACT Workshop, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10, in Room 116 at California High School. This workshop is for the English/Reading section of the ACT Test, instructed by CHS teacher Dana Barr.
• California High School Softball Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10, at the CHS Commons.
• California Nutrition Center Chili Supper, 4:30 -7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Admission is $4 in advance; $5 at the door.
• California Reds Red Hat Society Chapter #35155 members to attend Finke Theatre in California to view "Ivory and Gold", 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12. Reservations are required in advance for $10. Call Vi Bolin at 573-796-2940.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 14, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau County Historical Society Annual Meeting and Dinner, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 14, at the Lutheran Church. Reservations are required by calling Irma Plaster, 796-5214.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16, at the high school media room.
• ACT Workshop, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16, in Room 141 at California High School. This workshop is for the Math/Science Reasoning section of the ACT Test, instructed by CHS teachers Amy Kuebler and Peggy Huhmann.
• California High School Pinto Basketball Scrimmage and Chili Supper, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 20, at CHS, hosted by the CHS Basketball Booster Club.
• California Nutrition Center Jam Session for all players, singers and listeners, 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Cover charge is $2. Please bring finger foods. Drinks are furnished. No alcohol or tobacco is allowed in the building. For more information contact Ruth at 338-6432 or Bob at 796-3378.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting