California Democrat Community Calender November 16
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16, at the high school media room.
• ACT Workshop, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16, in Room 141 at California High School. This workshop is for the Math/Science Reasoning section of the ACT Test, instructed by CHS teachers Amy Kuebler and Peggy Huhmann.
• Mid Missouri Democrat Club meeting, 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 17, at Nic Nac Cafe, California. A presentation about Healthcare will be given at 6 p.m. after the presentation the regular monthly meeting will be held.
• California Nutrition Center Jam Session for all players, singers and listeners, 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Cover charge is $2. Please bring finger foods. Drinks are furnished. No alcohol or tobacco is allowed in the building. For more information contact Ruth at 338-6432 or Bob at 796-3378.
• Moniteau County Republican Club will meet at 7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 17, at the Co-MO Electric Conference Room, Tipton. Call 573-819-2212 for information.
• Russellville Indians Gatorade Scrimmage, Fall Booster Club Bash, Friday, Nov. 18, at high school gym and cafeteria. Spaghetti Dinner will be held 5-7 p.m. Two-quarter scrimmages begin at 6 p.m., girls first, then boys. The cost for dinner is $7 for adults and $5 for children ages 6-10. The cost to attend the scrimmages is a bottle of Gatorade.
• California High School Cross Country Banquet, 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18, at First Baptist Church, California.
• The Clean Up Crew, Relay for Life Team, is sponsoring a Ladies Night, 5-7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 19 at the Jamestown Community Building. For more information contact Leisa Hees 660-849-2538 or Barb Oerly 680-849-9302.
• California High School Pinto Basketball Scrimmage and Chili Supper, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 20, at CHS, hosted by the CHS Basketball Booster Club.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Jamestown Eagles Blue and White Scrimmage, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 22, at Jamestown School, featuring the varsity girls and boys basketball teams. Free-will donations will be accepted at the door, which will go to the Jamestown Athletic Department.
• California Ministerial Alliance Thanksgiving Dinner, 11 a.m. - 1p.m., Thursday, Nov. 24, at the California Nutrition Center. Volunteers are needed. No charge for the dinner, however, donations are gladly accepted. For more information call 796-2792.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Reds Red Hat Society Chapter #35155 carry-in dinner and Christmas Caroling, 11 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 8, at California UCC Friendship Hall. Christmas caroling at the nursing homes in the afternoon. For more information contact Margaret Oesterly 796-4738 or Eileen Crawford 796-2068.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting