Youth and adult recreation activities in California
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Upcoming programs for youth and adult recreation in California
• Adult Slow Pitch Softball (Men’s, Coed and Church) -
The deadline to register was Aug. 15. The cost to participate in the 7-game schedule is $125 per team. Call Sky Smothers at 573-796-2500 for more information.
• Youth Coed Soccer (Grades K-8) -
The deadline to register is Thursday, Aug. 23. The cost to participate is $30 per child. New this year is a 7th and 8th grade division.
• California Youth Football Club (Grades 5-6) -
Registration was held Aug. 18. The cost to participate is $40 per child. Call Sky Smothers at 573-796-2500 for more information.
• New Ozark Ham and Turkey Festival Disc Golf Tournament -
Check-in at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, at the Lions Club Shelter (southwest corner) at Proctor Park. There will be divisions for all ages.
• Swim Lessons (year-round) -
Six 30-minutes sessions. The cost for Private Lessons is $75 per child; Group Lessons (no more than five per group) $50 per child; and Mommy and Me Lessons, ( no more than four per group ) $40 per child. New hours for the pool are 1-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.
For more information (or to rent the pool for a birthday party, reunion, etc.), call City of California Parks and Recreation Director Sky Smothers at 573-796-2500.
More like this story
- California Parks and Rec. to offer Adult Fall Softball and Youth Coed Soccer Leagues, and year-round swim lessons
- California Parks and Rec. to offer Adult Fall Softball and Youth Coed Soccer Leagues
- Deadline to register for California Youth Soccer is Friday
- Register for youth baseball and softball by April 12
- Deadline to sign-up for 2012 Youth Swim Lessons is Friday
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting