California City Attorney Ann Perry 2011 California Citizen of the Year
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Attorney Ann Perry was awarded the 2011 California Citizen of the Year Award. The honor was bestowed by California Mayor Norris Gerhart, during the 2012 California Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner Meeting, held Saturday, Jan. 28.
Gerhart, in recognizing Perry’s contributions to the community, said she is one of the most deserving people in the community, having worked many hours in the background, while taking the lead on several projects over many years.
Gerhart mentioned the D.R.E.A.M. Initiative as an example of Perry’s work; Perry spent many hours in the application on behalf of the City. The community’s status as a DREAM community enhances the opportunities for the City and provides the City with technical assistance in areas such as signage and economic development issues. Since designation as a DREAM community, the City has received a large grant for stormwater improvements in the downtown to address flooding in the area of the Finke Theatre.
For more of this story check out the Feb. 8 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- California Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner/Meeting Held
- Area Chamber of Commerce supports Missouri Main Street Connection
- California Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner Plans Finalize as Chamber Board Meets
- Chamber of Commerce presents awards at annual dinner
- California Area Chamber of Commerce Meets