California Democrat Community Calender Feb. 22
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, in Room 116. This workshop is for the English/Reading portion of the ACT Test and will be instructed by CHS teacher Dana Barr.
• Mid-Mo Democrat dinner meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, at the Nic Nac Cafe, Highway 50, California. The topic of discussion will be Truman Days in May. All are welcome to attend.
• California Pinto Basketball Booster Club Donut Fundraiser, Friday, Feb. 24, and Saturday, Feb. 25, at Cal's 2, California.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 27, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattleman's Association dinner meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California. The cost to attend is $12 at the door, or $11 for those who RSVP. Those planning to attend either the dinner or the meeting, or both, must RSVP regardless, no later than 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 27, at the California Veterinary Clinic at 573-796-3168.
• World Day of Prayer Service , 1:30 p.m., Friday, March 2, at the California United Church of Christ. Registration begins at 1:30 with the program at 2 p.m.
• Jamestown Summer Recreation ball signup, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., Saturday, March 3, at the Jamestown School Cafeteria. For more information call Kelli Oerly at 573-619-7503.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 5, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and His "Country Ordaras" , 7 p.m. - 10 p.m., Saturday, March 7, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods. Open to the public.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, March 7, in Room 141. This workshop is for the Science/Math portion of the ACT Test and will be instructed by CHS teachers Amy Kuebler and Peggy Huhmann.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, March 8, at City Hall.
• California Reds - Red Hat Society Outing, Thursday, March 8. Meet at UCC at 11 a.m., lunch at Fuji Japanese Restaurant at 11:30 a.m., movie to follow. Contact Dorothy Hise 796-2776 or Vi Bolin 796-2940. Reservations are required.
• California Nutrition Center to host an Open House & Spaghetti Dinner, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Sunday, March 11, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Adults are $5 in advance and $6 at the door. Open to the public.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 12, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Annual Mid Missouri Women in Agiculture conference, March 15, 9:30 a.m - 4 p.m. at California High School. $10 registration includes meal. Contact Nancy Kirby. 573-796-2010 ext. 3.
• California Nutrition Center to host Sonnie and Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m., Saturday, March 23, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting