California Democrat Community Calender for January 18
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. today (Wednesday), Jan. 18, at the high school library.
• The Woods Place Library board monthly meeting, 3:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 19, in the Bolinger Room at the library.
• CPI regular monthly board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, at the Wood Place public Library, second floor.
• Jam Session, 6 -10 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, at the California Nutrition Center. Cost will be a $2 cover charge. Drinks will be furnished, please bring finger foods. For more information call Ruth at 338-6432 or Bob at 796-3378.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 23, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau County Cattleman's Association monthly dinner meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 24, at Centennial Hall, California fairgrounds. The cost to attend is $8 at door. Those who R.S.V.P. at 573-796-3168 will get a $1 discount.
• ACT Workshop, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 25, in Room 116 at California High School. This workshop is for the English/Reading portion of the ACT Test, instructed by Dana Barr. For more information, call CHS teacher Peggy Huhmann or Barr at 573-796-4911.
• Wonders of Magic, 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 27, at the Finke Theatre, California. Eric Vaughan, magician of the year in the Kansas City metro area will perform.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner, 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28, at the California Nutrition Center. The California Eagles Aerie 4027 will provide the meal consisting of brisket, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, dessert and drink. The Eagles will also provide hors d'oeuvres during the social hour. Tickets are available in the Chamber office for $15. The reservation deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 25. All are encouraged to reserve their tickets now so there can be a count of how many meals to make.
• Authentic Mexican Dinner hosted by the Pedicure ACS team, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 29, at the California Nutrition Center. Contact Angel Geiser for more information 573-645-1729.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 30, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Clean-up Crew Annual Pitch Tournament, 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 4, at the Jamestown Community Building. For more information contact Barb Oerly 660-849-9302.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, in Room 141. This workshop is for the Science/Math portion of the ACT Test and will be instructed by CHS teachers Amy Kuebler and Peggy Huhmann.
• Annual Mid Missouri Women in Agiculture conference, March 15, 9:30 a.m - 4 p.m. at California High School. $10 registration includes meal. Contact Nancy Kirby. 573-796-2010 ext. 3.