Kayci Porter New Administrator at Bristol Manor
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Since starting in August, Kayci Porter has made some dramatic improvements to the California Bristol Manor. Porter said because of the previous turnover rate of her predecessors, there were definitely some improvements to be made.
"There has been a lot of work," Porter said. "With the facility and working with the residents. We have made major improvements. I started by clearing and cleaning it up. Then I ordered new furniture, a new dining room set of tables and chairs and a new TV with satellite installed in the backroom. This has led to the residents being more active. We had a good fall festival and Christmas dinner. We had a great crowd for Christmas and everyone had a good time playing games."
Porter said they also had a good turnout for the New Year's Party. Before the improvements and focus on morale, she said the residents would only come out for their meals, but are now enjoying the homey atmosphere the manor in her words should have.
For more of this story check out the Jan. 18 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Ribbon Cutting Held for Bristol Manor Manager Kayci Porter
- California Area Chamber of Commerce Discusses Christmas California Style at Monthly Meeting
- Year 2013 in review: July though December
- Porters win California Christmas House Lighting/Decorating Contest
- Missouri woman, 60, accused of abducting grandson in 2000
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting