Moniteau County continues on EEZ application
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) Executive Director Ken Parrett reported to the Board of Directors Wednesday, Jan. 11, on the status of the Enhanced Enterprize Zone (EEZ). The meeting was at Burgher Haus, California.
Parrett said that according to Economic Development, all the information needed to make a decision is now in hand. He said it is rare for an entire county to get approval, but with the exception of the Lupus area, the entire county is included in this application.
Parrett said that, if and when it is approved, a 25-year property tax abatement is available and once designated as an EEZ, the county will be the focus of businesses wanting to relocate.
For more of this story check out the Jan. 18 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- MRED board updated on EEZ status
- Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) meets in California
- Moniteau County Enhanced Enterprize Zone application goes forward
- Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) makes dues adjustments
- Enhanced Enterprise Zone discussed by Moniteau County Regional Economic Develpment Council
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting