California Democrat Community Calender for July 18
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
• "Meet the Candidates" Picnic, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 19, at Proctor Park. Hosted by the Moniteau County Republican Club.
• Jam Session, 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, July 19, at the California Nutrition Center. $2 cover charge. Bring finger food. Players, singers, dancers and card players are welcome. For more information, call Ruth at 573-338-6432 or Bob Taylor at 573-796-3378.
• Osage Drifters Country Western Music, 7-10:30 p.m. Saturday, July 21, at the California Nutrition Center. $5 admission. Bring finger food. All are welcome.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 23, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 30, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau County Fair, Aug. 4-11.
• California Reds to go on 2-hour luncheon cruise on Celebration at Lake Ozark, Thursday, Aug. 9. Meet at UCC at 9:30 a.m. Reservations are required and $28 must paid in advance of the event. Contact Liz Schlup 796-4789 to attend.
Storytimes and special activities at Wood Place Public Library for the "Dream Big - Read!" and "Own the Night!" Summer Reading Programs are Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. (2-4 year olds), Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. (grades K-4), Tuesday, July 24, (students entering grades 5-8).
Every Thursday - 4-8 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California, free art classes for children all ages.
Every Saturday - 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California, sidewalk chalk art for children all ages. For more information call 573-418-0765. Donations accepted.