Concord Baptist Association Wild Game Supper Held
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
For 18 years Jason Snellen, deacon at Memorial Baptist Church, Jefferson City, has been going to the Concord Baptist Association Wild Game Supper. This year Snellen's church hosted the event Monday, Feb. 27. Concord Baptist Association is made up of churches throughout Cole and Moniteau counties. The supper is a potluck consisting of dishes made with everything from deer to possum.
Snellen started going to the dinner solo, but now has enjoyed bringing his sons.
"I love it," Snellen said. "I started going when it was held at Main Street Baptist Church, California, before I had sons. It was always a fun deal. I have always been a hunter so it is really neat. I'm able to invite friends and it is a place where they can come and have fun. Now with my three sons, I have started bringing them since they were six months old. We get to do something which goes back to nature. I love hunting and being able to take them is a special time."
For more of this story check out the March 7 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Children in Concord Baptist Association go to "Rockin J Ranch" at Russellville Baptist Church
- Mt. Moriah Baptist Church Holds Revival
- Photos of the Lupus Baptist Church Free Chili Supper and Concert
- Photos from the Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church Revival
- AWANA Getting Children Excited About Studying Bible at Friendship Baptist Church
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting