California Democrat Community Calender for May 30
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
• Junior Pinto Football Camp, 5-7 p.m. Monday, May 29, through Thursday, May 31, at the California Middle School practice field, for girls and boys going into grades 1-6 the 2012-13 school year. Registration will be held prior to the start of camp on the first day at 4 p.m. The cost to attend is $25, which includes a free t-shirt for each camper.
• Russellville Alumni Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 2, at the Russellville Elementary/Middle School cafeteria. The cost to attend is $10. Call Lucille Rosenmiller to RSVP at 573-645-6527, or Gary Jobe at 573-496-3162, or Aaron Steenbergen at 573-392-8280.
• Annunciation Catholic Church Parish Picnic,11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sunday, June 3, at the church. The cost for chicken and roast beef dinners served in the church are $9 adults, $5 children 5-12, Under five years old eat free. Carry-outs available in the parking lot.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 4, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Pinto Football Camp, 5:30-8 p.m. Monday, June 4, through Thursday, June 7, for grades 9-12 at the California Middle School practice field.
• Lady Pinto Basketball Camp, Monday, June 4, through Friday, June 8, for girls entering grades 5-12 the 2012-13 school year. The session for grades 5-8 will be held 3:30-5:30 p.m., and the session for grades 9-12 will be held 6-8 p.m. The first day of camp will be held at California Middle School, while the remaining days will be held at the high school.
• California Pinto Summer League Basketball, Monday, June 4, at California High School. The first games will begin at 4 p.m., and the last games will begin at 9 p.m. League games continue every Monday through June.
• Missouri Department of Conservation Tree Pruning Seminar, 6 p.m., Tuesday, June 5, at California City Hall. This willl be a seminar onn proper tree pruning techniques and planting.
• Paint the Town Purple with Relay for Life, 9 a.m. Saturday, June 9, by hanging purple ribbons around town, beginning at KRLL, California, and ending at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds.
• 12th Annual Relay for Life of Moniteau County Survivor and Caregiver Dinner, 6 p.m. Monday, June 11, at the First Baptist Church, California, for cancer survivors and a guest, and caregivers and a guest. RSVP's are required by June 1, by calling ASC Community Manager D'Arcy Crane at 573-635-4839 (or email Crane at D'arcy.Crane@cancer.org), or Christina McMillian at 573 694-2536, or Rae Ann Shackleford at 573 796-3139.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 11, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Reds - Candy Factory Tour - meet at 9 a.m. Thursday, June 14, at UCC. The cost to attend is $1. Also on the agenda is a visit to Shelter Gardens, Columbia and lunch at Olive Garden. Reservations are required. Call Ruth Coale at 573-796-4366 to RSVP.
• Relay for Life of Moniteau County, 6 p.m. Friday, June 15, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, June 18, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Community workshop for those seeking employment, hosted by Cargill and Burgers' Smokehouse, 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, June 19, at the City Hall community room. For more information, call Evette Miller at 573-796-7132 for more information.
Storytimes and special activities at Wood Place Public Library for the "Dream Big - Read!" and "Own the Night!" Summer Reading Programs are Wednesday mornings 10:30 a.m. (two through four year olds), Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. (grades kindergarten through fourth grade), Tuesday evenings on June 5, 19, July 10, 24 (students entering fifth through eighth grade).
Every Thursday - 4-8 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California - Free art classes for children of all ages.
Every Saturday - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California - Sidewalk chalk art for children of all ages. For more information call 573-418-0765. Donations accepted.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting